Governor, MDA director headed to Paris Air Show
Published: June 12,2013
MDA will send a five other people besides Christensen. Agency spokeswoman Marlo Dorsey says they will man a booth showcasing Mississippi.
She says the state’s delegation has meetings scheduled with dozens of high-ranking executives to discuss possibilities to expand in Mississippi. The state has been trying to attract companies that will supply the Airbus jet assembly line being built in Mobile, Ala., among other efforts.
The Aerospace Alliance, a group that promotes Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and Florida to the industry, will host an opening reception on the Seine River in Paris on Sunday.
Dorsey says no other Mississippi elected officials are attending.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter