Bomgar lands IT provider in hospitality industry
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2013
JACKSON — Bomgar has a new client.
Sorbis Corporation is using Bomgar’s solution to support computer workstations and servers within 80 hotels in Miami and New York. Founded in 2000, Sorbis is a managed IT service provider focused on the hospitality industry, specifically hotels, responsible for supporting approximately 2,000 workstations and 200 servers.
As an IT managed service provider in the hospitality industry, Sorbis has to stay in compliance with the regulations of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). The Sorbis team had previously been using Citrix GoToAssist to remotely access their clients’ devices, but over time realized they needed a more secure way to provide tech support.
“In order to meet PCI compliance standards we had to ensure our remote access tool was secure,” said Gene August, CEO and partner, Sorbis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts