Bomgar lands IT provider in hospitality industry
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2013
JACKSON — Bomgar has a new client.
Sorbis Corporation is using Bomgar’s solution to support computer workstations and servers within 80 hotels in Miami and New York. Founded in 2000, Sorbis is a managed IT service provider focused on the hospitality industry, specifically hotels, responsible for supporting approximately 2,000 workstations and 200 servers.
As an IT managed service provider in the hospitality industry, Sorbis has to stay in compliance with the regulations of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). The Sorbis team had previously been using Citrix GoToAssist to remotely access their clients’ devices, but over time realized they needed a more secure way to provide tech support.
“In order to meet PCI compliance standards we had to ensure our remote access tool was secure,” said Gene August, CEO and partner, Sorbis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- News The Way You Want It!
- Hattiesburg-based eValueville gets big on eBay