Bomgar lands IT provider in hospitality industry
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 13,2013
JACKSON — Bomgar has a new client.
Sorbis Corporation is using Bomgar’s solution to support computer workstations and servers within 80 hotels in Miami and New York. Founded in 2000, Sorbis is a managed IT service provider focused on the hospitality industry, specifically hotels, responsible for supporting approximately 2,000 workstations and 200 servers.
As an IT managed service provider in the hospitality industry, Sorbis has to stay in compliance with the regulations of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). The Sorbis team had previously been using Citrix GoToAssist to remotely access their clients’ devices, but over time realized they needed a more secure way to provide tech support.
“In order to meet PCI compliance standards we had to ensure our remote access tool was secure,” said Gene August, CEO and partner, Sorbis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41