Ex-missing woman to be arraigned for embezzlement
Published: June 13,2013
HAZLEHURST — Linda Gale Reed will be arraigned tomorrow before Copiah County Circuit Judge Lamar Pickard on three counts of embezzlement.
Reed was served with an indictment June 7 at the county jail. The court hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday in Hazlehurst.
The 65-year-old Reed was reported missing in April 2012. Her status changed from missing to wanted for embezzlement on Oct. 15, 2012.
Authorities say Reed allegedly embezzled $20,000 from her Mississippi employer, Moore’s Fabrications. She had worked for the company since 1999. They say an accountant found the money missing from petty cash fund.
Her family searched for her for nearly five months before she was found in Longview, Texas. She was working as a bookkeeper under her own name.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87