Ex-missing woman to be arraigned for embezzlement
Published: June 13,2013
HAZLEHURST — Linda Gale Reed will be arraigned tomorrow before Copiah County Circuit Judge Lamar Pickard on three counts of embezzlement.
Reed was served with an indictment June 7 at the county jail. The court hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday in Hazlehurst.
The 65-year-old Reed was reported missing in April 2012. Her status changed from missing to wanted for embezzlement on Oct. 15, 2012.
Authorities say Reed allegedly embezzled $20,000 from her Mississippi employer, Moore’s Fabrications. She had worked for the company since 1999. They say an accountant found the money missing from petty cash fund.
Her family searched for her for nearly five months before she was found in Longview, Texas. She was working as a bookkeeper under her own name.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge