Ex-missing woman to be arraigned for embezzlement
Published: June 13,2013
HAZLEHURST — Linda Gale Reed will be arraigned tomorrow before Copiah County Circuit Judge Lamar Pickard on three counts of embezzlement.
Reed was served with an indictment June 7 at the county jail. The court hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday in Hazlehurst.
The 65-year-old Reed was reported missing in April 2012. Her status changed from missing to wanted for embezzlement on Oct. 15, 2012.
Authorities say Reed allegedly embezzled $20,000 from her Mississippi employer, Moore’s Fabrications. She had worked for the company since 1999. They say an accountant found the money missing from petty cash fund.
Her family searched for her for nearly five months before she was found in Longview, Texas. She was working as a bookkeeper under her own name.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed