Ex-missing woman to be arraigned for embezzlement
Published: June 13,2013
HAZLEHURST — Linda Gale Reed will be arraigned tomorrow before Copiah County Circuit Judge Lamar Pickard on three counts of embezzlement.
Reed was served with an indictment June 7 at the county jail. The court hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday in Hazlehurst.
The 65-year-old Reed was reported missing in April 2012. Her status changed from missing to wanted for embezzlement on Oct. 15, 2012.
Authorities say Reed allegedly embezzled $20,000 from her Mississippi employer, Moore’s Fabrications. She had worked for the company since 1999. They say an accountant found the money missing from petty cash fund.
Her family searched for her for nearly five months before she was found in Longview, Texas. She was working as a bookkeeper under her own name.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41