Ex-missing woman to be arraigned for embezzlement
by Associated Press
Published: June 13,2013
HAZLEHURST — Linda Gale Reed will be arraigned tomorrow before Copiah County Circuit Judge Lamar Pickard on three counts of embezzlement.
Reed was served with an indictment June 7 at the county jail. The court hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday in Hazlehurst.
The 65-year-old Reed was reported missing in April 2012. Her status changed from missing to wanted for embezzlement on Oct. 15, 2012.
Authorities say Reed allegedly embezzled $20,000 from her Mississippi employer, Moore’s Fabrications. She had worked for the company since 1999. They say an accountant found the money missing from petty cash fund.
Her family searched for her for nearly five months before she was found in Longview, Texas. She was working as a bookkeeper under her own name.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!