Supervisors move to buy warehouse for Genesis Energy project
Published: June 13,2013
Tags: acquire, acquisition, board of supervisors, county government, economic development, employee, employer, energy, expand, expansion, job, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, purchase, supervisor, warehouse, wealth creation, work, worker
NATCHEZ — A chance to help a local industry speed up a $30-million investment has prompted the Adams County Board of Supervisors to simplify what had become a complex process to purchase large warehouse near the Natchez-Adams County Port.
The county had originally planned to help purchase the building through a complicated agreement that would have a third-party holding the property’s deed. Instead supervisors decided yesterday to purchase the property outright.
Natchez Inc. executive director Chandler Russ tells The Natchez Democrat the change in financial arrangements was prompted by an immediate need by Genesis Energy to complete a $30 million expansion of its operations at the port.
Genesis plans to double the size of its railcar capacity at its terminal in the port and add approximately 20 new jobs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments