Mississippi College honors Shirley Tipton, David Miller
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 14,2013
Shirley Tipton, executive secretary to the dean in Mississippi College’s School of Education, is the newest recipient of the university’s Van “Doc” Quick Outstanding Staff Award. A 1987 Mississippi College graduate, Tipton, who grew up in Jackson, worked for the state’s vocational rehabilitation program and was active with the Mississippi Coalition of Citizens for Disabilities. She’s written grants to help people with learning disabilities. Tipton’s talents have been utilized on vital university committees. She served as the staff representative on the Quality Enhancement Plan Steering Committee. In her spare time, the MC graduate enjoys quilting, needlework and traveling is another one of her passions.
Also, David Miller, an English teacher at Mississippi College for more than two decades, is MC’s Distinguished Professor of the Year. Miller graduated summa cum laude from Nyack College. The Mississippi resident also received a master’s degree and doctorate from Baylor University. Traveling, cooking, writing and reading are some of the things he truly enjoys doing in his spare time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again