Mississippi College honors Shirley Tipton, David Miller
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 14,2013
Shirley Tipton, executive secretary to the dean in Mississippi College’s School of Education, is the newest recipient of the university’s Van “Doc” Quick Outstanding Staff Award. A 1987 Mississippi College graduate, Tipton, who grew up in Jackson, worked for the state’s vocational rehabilitation program and was active with the Mississippi Coalition of Citizens for Disabilities. She’s written grants to help people with learning disabilities. Tipton’s talents have been utilized on vital university committees. She served as the staff representative on the Quality Enhancement Plan Steering Committee. In her spare time, the MC graduate enjoys quilting, needlework and traveling is another one of her passions.
Also, David Miller, an English teacher at Mississippi College for more than two decades, is MC’s Distinguished Professor of the Year. Miller graduated summa cum laude from Nyack College. The Mississippi resident also received a master’s degree and doctorate from Baylor University. Traveling, cooking, writing and reading are some of the things he truly enjoys doing in his spare time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Board continues to negotiate with propsective hospital buyers
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law