County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
Published: June 16,2013
NEW AUGUSTA — The attorney general’s office says Billy Eugene Brewer, the surveyor in Greene County, has been charged with performing four surveys on properties in Perry County while being unlicensed and illegally using another surveyor’s name and license.
Attorney General Jim Hood says in a news release that the 69-year-old Brewer was arrested at his home in Leakesville.
Brewer is charged with four counts of false pretense and four counts fraudulent use of identity.
Brewer was being held Friday in the Perry County jail without bond pending an initial court appearance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves