County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
by Associated Press
Published: June 16,2013
NEW AUGUSTA — The attorney general’s office says Billy Eugene Brewer, the surveyor in Greene County, has been charged with performing four surveys on properties in Perry County while being unlicensed and illegally using another surveyor’s name and license.
Attorney General Jim Hood says in a news release that the 69-year-old Brewer was arrested at his home in Leakesville.
Brewer is charged with four counts of false pretense and four counts fraudulent use of identity.
Brewer was being held Friday in the Perry County jail without bond pending an initial court appearance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!