County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
Published: June 16,2013
NEW AUGUSTA — The attorney general’s office says Billy Eugene Brewer, the surveyor in Greene County, has been charged with performing four surveys on properties in Perry County while being unlicensed and illegally using another surveyor’s name and license.
Attorney General Jim Hood says in a news release that the 69-year-old Brewer was arrested at his home in Leakesville.
Brewer is charged with four counts of false pretense and four counts fraudulent use of identity.
Brewer was being held Friday in the Perry County jail without bond pending an initial court appearance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics