County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
Published: June 16,2013
NEW AUGUSTA — The attorney general’s office says Billy Eugene Brewer, the surveyor in Greene County, has been charged with performing four surveys on properties in Perry County while being unlicensed and illegally using another surveyor’s name and license.
Attorney General Jim Hood says in a news release that the 69-year-old Brewer was arrested at his home in Leakesville.
Brewer is charged with four counts of false pretense and four counts fraudulent use of identity.
Brewer was being held Friday in the Perry County jail without bond pending an initial court appearance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'