County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
by Associated Press
Published: June 16,2013
NEW AUGUSTA — The attorney general’s office says Billy Eugene Brewer, the surveyor in Greene County, has been charged with performing four surveys on properties in Perry County while being unlicensed and illegally using another surveyor’s name and license.
Attorney General Jim Hood says in a news release that the 69-year-old Brewer was arrested at his home in Leakesville.
Brewer is charged with four counts of false pretense and four counts fraudulent use of identity.
Brewer was being held Friday in the Perry County jail without bond pending an initial court appearance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center