VA adds to staff as part of White House initiative
by Associated Press
Published: June 16,2013
JACKSON — The G.V. “Sonny” Montgomery Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Jackson has added 30 new mental health professionals.
President Barack Obama has set a goal of adding 1,600 providers in the nation’s 152 VA medical centers.
Jackson VA Medical Center Director Joe Battle says in a statement that the hirings include four marriage and family therapists and three licensed professional counselors. Both fields are new at the Jackson VA.
The Department of Veterans Affairs has put an increased focus on mental health services for veterans over the last few years.
The VA set a goal of 14 days for patients to wait for a mental health appointment. The average wait for Jackson’s center was slightly more than 20 days, according to VA figures from the first six months of FY 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!