Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
Published: June 17,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi woman has pleaded not guilty to killing an Alabama woman by giving silicone injections as a buttocks enhancement.
Tracey Lynn Garner entered the plea today in Hinds County Circuit Court.
Judge Winston Kidd says he’ll consider Garner’s request to be released on bond. Kidd also extended a gag order to prevent attorneys from discussing charges against Garner.
The 53-year-old is charged with two counts of depraved heart murder, each punishable by life in prison.
Garner was arrested and charged last week in the January 2010 death of 23-year-old Marilyn Hale of Selma, Ala. No trial date has been set.
In September 2012, Garner was arrested and charged in the March 2012 death of 37-year-old Karima Gordon of Atlanta. Kidd today set that trial for March 17, 2014.
Garner was arrested in September 2012 in Gordon’s death and charged with depraved heart murder. At the time, authorities identified the suspect as Morris Garner, a man. Colette has said Garner was born a man but has had procedures to become female. Hinds County jail records now list Garner as a woman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M