Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
Published: June 17,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi woman has pleaded not guilty to killing an Alabama woman by giving silicone injections as a buttocks enhancement.
Tracey Lynn Garner entered the plea today in Hinds County Circuit Court.
Judge Winston Kidd says he’ll consider Garner’s request to be released on bond. Kidd also extended a gag order to prevent attorneys from discussing charges against Garner.
The 53-year-old is charged with two counts of depraved heart murder, each punishable by life in prison.
Garner was arrested and charged last week in the January 2010 death of 23-year-old Marilyn Hale of Selma, Ala. No trial date has been set.
In September 2012, Garner was arrested and charged in the March 2012 death of 37-year-old Karima Gordon of Atlanta. Kidd today set that trial for March 17, 2014.
Garner was arrested in September 2012 in Gordon’s death and charged with depraved heart murder. At the time, authorities identified the suspect as Morris Garner, a man. Colette has said Garner was born a man but has had procedures to become female. Hinds County jail records now list Garner as a woman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'