Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
Published: June 17,2013
JACKSON — A Mississippi woman has pleaded not guilty to killing an Alabama woman by giving silicone injections as a buttocks enhancement.
Tracey Lynn Garner entered the plea today in Hinds County Circuit Court.
Judge Winston Kidd says he’ll consider Garner’s request to be released on bond. Kidd also extended a gag order to prevent attorneys from discussing charges against Garner.
The 53-year-old is charged with two counts of depraved heart murder, each punishable by life in prison.
Garner was arrested and charged last week in the January 2010 death of 23-year-old Marilyn Hale of Selma, Ala. No trial date has been set.
In September 2012, Garner was arrested and charged in the March 2012 death of 37-year-old Karima Gordon of Atlanta. Kidd today set that trial for March 17, 2014.
Garner was arrested in September 2012 in Gordon’s death and charged with depraved heart murder. At the time, authorities identified the suspect as Morris Garner, a man. Colette has said Garner was born a man but has had procedures to become female. Hinds County jail records now list Garner as a woman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet