C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 18,2013
C Spire is partnering with Devicescape, a San Bruno, Calif.-based Wi-Fi connection services company, to provide the new, always-on client-based app.
The service allows customers with Android touchscreen smartphones to use Wi-Fi Internet connections.
Kevin Hankins, C Spire COO, said customers can download the free WiFi On app from the Google Play store on any Android-powered smartphone with the 2.2 (Froyo) or later mobile operating system. The app also will come preloaded on new C Spire Android-powered smartphones, including two that will be arriving soon on the company’s 4G LTE network — the Samsung Galaxy S 4 and the HTC One.
The app prompts users to add their own home Wi-Fi networks, automatically connects to public hotspots when available and saves battery power on smartphones and tablets by turning the device’s Wi-Fi radio signal off when it isn’t available or strong enough to provide a quality experience, he added.
“We’re thrilled to be working with C Spire to extend the capacity and reach of their network,” said Dave Fraser, CEO of Devicescape. “C Spire has built a reputation as a company with a passionate focus on delivering personalized services and our product will give their customers an enhanced experience as devices intelligently connect to the best available network.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects