C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 18,2013
C Spire is partnering with Devicescape, a San Bruno, Calif.-based Wi-Fi connection services company, to provide the new, always-on client-based app.
The service allows customers with Android touchscreen smartphones to use Wi-Fi Internet connections.
Kevin Hankins, C Spire COO, said customers can download the free WiFi On app from the Google Play store on any Android-powered smartphone with the 2.2 (Froyo) or later mobile operating system. The app also will come preloaded on new C Spire Android-powered smartphones, including two that will be arriving soon on the company’s 4G LTE network — the Samsung Galaxy S 4 and the HTC One.
The app prompts users to add their own home Wi-Fi networks, automatically connects to public hotspots when available and saves battery power on smartphones and tablets by turning the device’s Wi-Fi radio signal off when it isn’t available or strong enough to provide a quality experience, he added.
“We’re thrilled to be working with C Spire to extend the capacity and reach of their network,” said Dave Fraser, CEO of Devicescape. “C Spire has built a reputation as a company with a passionate focus on delivering personalized services and our product will give their customers an enhanced experience as devices intelligently connect to the best available network.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years