C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 18,2013
C Spire is partnering with Devicescape, a San Bruno, Calif.-based Wi-Fi connection services company, to provide the new, always-on client-based app.
The service allows customers with Android touchscreen smartphones to use Wi-Fi Internet connections.
Kevin Hankins, C Spire COO, said customers can download the free WiFi On app from the Google Play store on any Android-powered smartphone with the 2.2 (Froyo) or later mobile operating system. The app also will come preloaded on new C Spire Android-powered smartphones, including two that will be arriving soon on the company’s 4G LTE network — the Samsung Galaxy S 4 and the HTC One.
The app prompts users to add their own home Wi-Fi networks, automatically connects to public hotspots when available and saves battery power on smartphones and tablets by turning the device’s Wi-Fi radio signal off when it isn’t available or strong enough to provide a quality experience, he added.
“We’re thrilled to be working with C Spire to extend the capacity and reach of their network,” said Dave Fraser, CEO of Devicescape. “C Spire has built a reputation as a company with a passionate focus on delivering personalized services and our product will give their customers an enhanced experience as devices intelligently connect to the best available network.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'