School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
by Associated Press
Published: June 18,2013
Tags: COST, education, educator, elementary education, funding, misappropriation, party, public education, public school, school, school district, school superintendent, secondary education, travel expanses
The action came in a 3-2 vote of the Columbus school board. No interim superintendent was named.
Controversy has surrounded Liddell after questions were raised about her use of district funds and personnel for a private party and excessive travel. Liddell had said she reimbursed the school district and had done nothing wrong.
Liddell was appointed interim superintendent in May 2011 when her predecessor, Del Phillips, resigned. She was named superintendent in June 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy