School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
Published: June 18,2013
Tags: COST, education, educator, elementary education, funding, misappropriation, party, public education, public school, school, school district, school superintendent, secondary education, travel expanses
The action came in a 3-2 vote of the Columbus school board. No interim superintendent was named.
Controversy has surrounded Liddell after questions were raised about her use of district funds and personnel for a private party and excessive travel. Liddell had said she reimbursed the school district and had done nothing wrong.
Liddell was appointed interim superintendent in May 2011 when her predecessor, Del Phillips, resigned. She was named superintendent in June 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval