School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
by Associated Press
Published: June 18,2013
Tags: COST, education, educator, elementary education, funding, misappropriation, party, public education, public school, school, school district, school superintendent, secondary education, travel expanses
The action came in a 3-2 vote of the Columbus school board. No interim superintendent was named.
Controversy has surrounded Liddell after questions were raised about her use of district funds and personnel for a private party and excessive travel. Liddell had said she reimbursed the school district and had done nothing wrong.
Liddell was appointed interim superintendent in May 2011 when her predecessor, Del Phillips, resigned. She was named superintendent in June 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability