Workers find damage at arena; renovations to take longer
Published: June 18,2013
TUPELO — Renovations at the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo are going to take a little longer.
The arena is undergoing a $1.8 million project to repair, replace and paint the exterior insulation finishing system that covers the building.
Director Todd Hunt says workers found more water damage than expected, including a few rusted columns and metal studs, so more work must be done.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports Hunt says the extra work totals $91,130 and will add 34 days to the completion date, which is now Sept. 19.
The arena will celebrate its 20th anniversary this fall, with a special concert season planned. So far, two concerts for this season have been announced: Backstreet Boys on Aug. 28 and John Fogerty on Oct. 22.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that