Workers find damage at arena; renovations to take longer
Published: June 18,2013
TUPELO — Renovations at the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo are going to take a little longer.
The arena is undergoing a $1.8 million project to repair, replace and paint the exterior insulation finishing system that covers the building.
Director Todd Hunt says workers found more water damage than expected, including a few rusted columns and metal studs, so more work must be done.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports Hunt says the extra work totals $91,130 and will add 34 days to the completion date, which is now Sept. 19.
The arena will celebrate its 20th anniversary this fall, with a special concert season planned. So far, two concerts for this season have been announced: Backstreet Boys on Aug. 28 and John Fogerty on Oct. 22.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts