Workers find damage at arena; renovations to take longer
Published: June 18,2013
TUPELO — Renovations at the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo are going to take a little longer.
The arena is undergoing a $1.8 million project to repair, replace and paint the exterior insulation finishing system that covers the building.
Director Todd Hunt says workers found more water damage than expected, including a few rusted columns and metal studs, so more work must be done.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports Hunt says the extra work totals $91,130 and will add 34 days to the completion date, which is now Sept. 19.
The arena will celebrate its 20th anniversary this fall, with a special concert season planned. So far, two concerts for this season have been announced: Backstreet Boys on Aug. 28 and John Fogerty on Oct. 22.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015