Workers find damage at arena; renovations to take longer
Published: June 18,2013
TUPELO — Renovations at the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo are going to take a little longer.
The arena is undergoing a $1.8 million project to repair, replace and paint the exterior insulation finishing system that covers the building.
Director Todd Hunt says workers found more water damage than expected, including a few rusted columns and metal studs, so more work must be done.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports Hunt says the extra work totals $91,130 and will add 34 days to the completion date, which is now Sept. 19.
The arena will celebrate its 20th anniversary this fall, with a special concert season planned. So far, two concerts for this season have been announced: Backstreet Boys on Aug. 28 and John Fogerty on Oct. 22.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal