Davis resigns, turning over mayor’s office early
Published: June 19,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Mayor Greg Davis’ term does not end until next month, but he announced at yesterday’s aldermen meeting that he is resigning from the job he has held for 16 years a little early.
Davis said he would step down as mayor effective June 28 and pass the reins over to Darren Musselwhite, who defeated him in the June 4 general election.
Davis says he has no plans to get back in politics, but will work in the private sector and spend time with his family this summer.
The Commercial Appeal reports Musselwhite will be sworn in as mayor during a special meeting on June 28.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location