Davis resigns, turning over mayor’s office early
Published: June 19,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Mayor Greg Davis’ term does not end until next month, but he announced at yesterday’s aldermen meeting that he is resigning from the job he has held for 16 years a little early.
Davis said he would step down as mayor effective June 28 and pass the reins over to Darren Musselwhite, who defeated him in the June 4 general election.
Davis says he has no plans to get back in politics, but will work in the private sector and spend time with his family this summer.
The Commercial Appeal reports Musselwhite will be sworn in as mayor during a special meeting on June 28.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Owner of former hospital given deadline
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record