Davis resigns, turning over mayor’s office early
Published: June 19,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Mayor Greg Davis’ term does not end until next month, but he announced at yesterday’s aldermen meeting that he is resigning from the job he has held for 16 years a little early.
Davis said he would step down as mayor effective June 28 and pass the reins over to Darren Musselwhite, who defeated him in the June 4 general election.
Davis says he has no plans to get back in politics, but will work in the private sector and spend time with his family this summer.
The Commercial Appeal reports Musselwhite will be sworn in as mayor during a special meeting on June 28.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life