Davis resigns, turning over mayor’s office early
Published: June 19,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Mayor Greg Davis’ term does not end until next month, but he announced at yesterday’s aldermen meeting that he is resigning from the job he has held for 16 years a little early.
Davis said he would step down as mayor effective June 28 and pass the reins over to Darren Musselwhite, who defeated him in the June 4 general election.
Davis says he has no plans to get back in politics, but will work in the private sector and spend time with his family this summer.
The Commercial Appeal reports Musselwhite will be sworn in as mayor during a special meeting on June 28.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO