Davis resigns, turning over mayor’s office early
Published: June 19,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Mayor Greg Davis’ term does not end until next month, but he announced at yesterday’s aldermen meeting that he is resigning from the job he has held for 16 years a little early.
Davis said he would step down as mayor effective June 28 and pass the reins over to Darren Musselwhite, who defeated him in the June 4 general election.
Davis says he has no plans to get back in politics, but will work in the private sector and spend time with his family this summer.
The Commercial Appeal reports Musselwhite will be sworn in as mayor during a special meeting on June 28.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'