Developer submits plan for one-million-square-foot mall development
Published: June 20,2013
Tags: city, city government, Commercial Real Estate, community development, development, economic development, hotel, mall, municipal, municipality, plan, retail, retailer, retailing, shop, shopper, shopping
Developer Robert Mandal with Ramco Development tells The Sun Herald the mall will be more than 750,000 square feet, with the hotel and other buildings adding 250,000 square feet more of development. He expects the project to create more than 2,500 jobs.
The names of the stores and restaurants at the shopping center have not been announced.
Between anchor department stores on the east and west ends of the mall will be additional stores and a two-story food court.
Officials said the complex will cost between $250 million and $300 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags