Developer submits plan for one-million-square-foot mall development
Published: June 20,2013
Tags: city, city government, Commercial Real Estate, community development, development, economic development, hotel, mall, municipal, municipality, plan, retail, retailer, retailing, shop, shopper, shopping
Developer Robert Mandal with Ramco Development tells The Sun Herald the mall will be more than 750,000 square feet, with the hotel and other buildings adding 250,000 square feet more of development. He expects the project to create more than 2,500 jobs.
The names of the stores and restaurants at the shopping center have not been announced.
Between anchor department stores on the east and west ends of the mall will be additional stores and a two-story food court.
Officials said the complex will cost between $250 million and $300 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river