Developer submits plan for one-million-square-foot mall development
Published: June 20,2013
Tags: city, city government, Commercial Real Estate, community development, development, economic development, hotel, mall, municipal, municipality, plan, retail, retailer, retailing, shop, shopper, shopping
Developer Robert Mandal with Ramco Development tells The Sun Herald the mall will be more than 750,000 square feet, with the hotel and other buildings adding 250,000 square feet more of development. He expects the project to create more than 2,500 jobs.
The names of the stores and restaurants at the shopping center have not been announced.
Between anchor department stores on the east and west ends of the mall will be additional stores and a two-story food court.
Officials said the complex will cost between $250 million and $300 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program