United Mississippi merging, adding two counties to footprint
by Associated Press
Published: June 20,2013
UMB President Sammy Porter tells The Natchez Democrat the merger, which is being completed through a stock purchase agreement with People’s Bank of the South and PBFC Holding Company, is a “great thing” for both banks.
Peoples Bank has branches in Bude, Meadville and Gloster and has a loan origination office in Liberty. UMB CFO Adrian Sandel said once the merger is complete, the Peoples Bank locations will be rebranded as UMB.
Sandel says Peoples Bank’s assets as of December 2012 totaled $79 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign