United Mississippi merging, adding two counties to footprint
Published: June 20,2013
UMB President Sammy Porter tells The Natchez Democrat the merger, which is being completed through a stock purchase agreement with People’s Bank of the South and PBFC Holding Company, is a “great thing” for both banks.
Peoples Bank has branches in Bude, Meadville and Gloster and has a loan origination office in Liberty. UMB CFO Adrian Sandel said once the merger is complete, the Peoples Bank locations will be rebranded as UMB.
Sandel says Peoples Bank’s assets as of December 2012 totaled $79 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar