United Mississippi merging, adding two counties to footprint
Published: June 20,2013
UMB President Sammy Porter tells The Natchez Democrat the merger, which is being completed through a stock purchase agreement with People’s Bank of the South and PBFC Holding Company, is a “great thing” for both banks.
Peoples Bank has branches in Bude, Meadville and Gloster and has a loan origination office in Liberty. UMB CFO Adrian Sandel said once the merger is complete, the Peoples Bank locations will be rebranded as UMB.
Sandel says Peoples Bank’s assets as of December 2012 totaled $79 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.