United Mississippi merging, adding two counties to footprint
Published: June 20,2013
UMB President Sammy Porter tells The Natchez Democrat the merger, which is being completed through a stock purchase agreement with People’s Bank of the South and PBFC Holding Company, is a “great thing” for both banks.
Peoples Bank has branches in Bude, Meadville and Gloster and has a loan origination office in Liberty. UMB CFO Adrian Sandel said once the merger is complete, the Peoples Bank locations will be rebranded as UMB.
Sandel says Peoples Bank’s assets as of December 2012 totaled $79 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal