United Mississippi merging, adding two counties to footprint
Published: June 20,2013
UMB President Sammy Porter tells The Natchez Democrat the merger, which is being completed through a stock purchase agreement with People’s Bank of the South and PBFC Holding Company, is a “great thing” for both banks.
Peoples Bank has branches in Bude, Meadville and Gloster and has a loan origination office in Liberty. UMB CFO Adrian Sandel said once the merger is complete, the Peoples Bank locations will be rebranded as UMB.
Sandel says Peoples Bank’s assets as of December 2012 totaled $79 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so