United Mississippi merging, adding two counties to footprint
by Associated Press
Published: June 20,2013
UMB President Sammy Porter tells The Natchez Democrat the merger, which is being completed through a stock purchase agreement with People’s Bank of the South and PBFC Holding Company, is a “great thing” for both banks.
Peoples Bank has branches in Bude, Meadville and Gloster and has a loan origination office in Liberty. UMB CFO Adrian Sandel said once the merger is complete, the Peoples Bank locations will be rebranded as UMB.
Sandel says Peoples Bank’s assets as of December 2012 totaled $79 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets