Army ERDC adds Dennis Beers
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
The U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg has selected Dennis J. Beers as chief of contracting. Prior to joining ERDC, Beers was director of contracting for the Mission and Installation Contracting Command at Fort Bliss, Texas. In addition to his tenure at Fort Bliss, Beers has also served as a professor at the Defense Acquisition University (DAU), Fort Belvoir, Va. During his stint with DAU, he co-authored the Department of Defense Guidebook for the Acquisition of Services. A retired U.S. Air Force colonel, Beers’ previous assignments include group commander of the Air Force Automatic Test Systems/Equipment at Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Ga., and as deputy director of contracting at that facility. Beers’ experience also includes serving as chief of the Oklahoma Air Logistics Center; commander of the 81st Contracting Squadron at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi; and, executive officer to the commander at Warner Robins Air Logistics Center. Other assignments include serving as a Minuteman II launch officer and instructor at Whiteman AFB, Mo. and Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
Beers is Level III Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act-certified in contracting, program management and acquisition logistics. He holds a master’s degree from Strayer University and a bachelor’s from the University of Florida.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'