Army ERDC adds Dennis Beers
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
The U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg has selected Dennis J. Beers as chief of contracting. Prior to joining ERDC, Beers was director of contracting for the Mission and Installation Contracting Command at Fort Bliss, Texas. In addition to his tenure at Fort Bliss, Beers has also served as a professor at the Defense Acquisition University (DAU), Fort Belvoir, Va. During his stint with DAU, he co-authored the Department of Defense Guidebook for the Acquisition of Services. A retired U.S. Air Force colonel, Beers’ previous assignments include group commander of the Air Force Automatic Test Systems/Equipment at Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Ga., and as deputy director of contracting at that facility. Beers’ experience also includes serving as chief of the Oklahoma Air Logistics Center; commander of the 81st Contracting Squadron at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi; and, executive officer to the commander at Warner Robins Air Logistics Center. Other assignments include serving as a Minuteman II launch officer and instructor at Whiteman AFB, Mo. and Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
Beers is Level III Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act-certified in contracting, program management and acquisition logistics. He holds a master’s degree from Strayer University and a bachelor’s from the University of Florida.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations