Commission approves sale of Ameristar to Pinnacle
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
Tags: acquire, acquisition, buy, casino, commission, convention, entertainment, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hotel, lodging, meeting, merger, nightlife, regulator, restaurant, sale, sell, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
JACKSON — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has unanimously approved the Pinnacle Entertainment’s proposed acquisition of Ameristar Casinos.
According to a release from Pinnacle, completion of the transaction remains subject to the receipt of additional required regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
“Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg is a terrific addition to our portfolio and nicely complements our existing operations in the region,” said Anthony Sanfilippo, CEO of Pinnacle Entertainment. “We continue to work diligently to obtain the Federal Trade Commission and remaining state gaming regulatory agency approvals necessary to complete the acquisition. We remain on track to close the transaction in the 2013 third quarter.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders