Commission approves sale of Ameristar to Pinnacle
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
Tags: acquire, acquisition, buy, casino, commission, convention, entertainment, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hotel, lodging, meeting, merger, nightlife, regulator, restaurant, sale, sell, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
JACKSON — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has unanimously approved the Pinnacle Entertainment’s proposed acquisition of Ameristar Casinos.
According to a release from Pinnacle, completion of the transaction remains subject to the receipt of additional required regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
“Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg is a terrific addition to our portfolio and nicely complements our existing operations in the region,” said Anthony Sanfilippo, CEO of Pinnacle Entertainment. “We continue to work diligently to obtain the Federal Trade Commission and remaining state gaming regulatory agency approvals necessary to complete the acquisition. We remain on track to close the transaction in the 2013 third quarter.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life