Commission approves sale of Ameristar to Pinnacle
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
Tags: acquire, acquisition, buy, casino, commission, convention, entertainment, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hotel, lodging, meeting, merger, nightlife, regulator, restaurant, sale, sell, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
JACKSON — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has unanimously approved the Pinnacle Entertainment’s proposed acquisition of Ameristar Casinos.
According to a release from Pinnacle, completion of the transaction remains subject to the receipt of additional required regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
“Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg is a terrific addition to our portfolio and nicely complements our existing operations in the region,” said Anthony Sanfilippo, CEO of Pinnacle Entertainment. “We continue to work diligently to obtain the Federal Trade Commission and remaining state gaming regulatory agency approvals necessary to complete the acquisition. We remain on track to close the transaction in the 2013 third quarter.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”