Commission approves sale of Ameristar to Pinnacle
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
Tags: acquire, acquisition, buy, casino, commission, convention, entertainment, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hotel, lodging, meeting, merger, nightlife, regulator, restaurant, sale, sell, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
JACKSON — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has unanimously approved the Pinnacle Entertainment’s proposed acquisition of Ameristar Casinos.
According to a release from Pinnacle, completion of the transaction remains subject to the receipt of additional required regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
“Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg is a terrific addition to our portfolio and nicely complements our existing operations in the region,” said Anthony Sanfilippo, CEO of Pinnacle Entertainment. “We continue to work diligently to obtain the Federal Trade Commission and remaining state gaming regulatory agency approvals necessary to complete the acquisition. We remain on track to close the transaction in the 2013 third quarter.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics