Commission approves sale of Ameristar to Pinnacle
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
Tags: acquire, acquisition, buy, casino, commission, convention, entertainment, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hotel, lodging, meeting, merger, nightlife, regulator, restaurant, sale, sell, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
JACKSON — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has unanimously approved the Pinnacle Entertainment’s proposed acquisition of Ameristar Casinos.
According to a release from Pinnacle, completion of the transaction remains subject to the receipt of additional required regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
“Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg is a terrific addition to our portfolio and nicely complements our existing operations in the region,” said Anthony Sanfilippo, CEO of Pinnacle Entertainment. “We continue to work diligently to obtain the Federal Trade Commission and remaining state gaming regulatory agency approvals necessary to complete the acquisition. We remain on track to close the transaction in the 2013 third quarter.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions