KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Brant Ryan
Name: Brant Ryan
Company: Adams & Reese LLP
Jackson attorney Brant Ryan says Adams & Reese was the only place he was interested in working after law school.
“The people, the office culture and the quality of work are truly special,” he says. “The firm is intentional about teaching and growing its associates, which is something that I value and appreciate greatly.”
As an attorney specializing in health care law, Ryan represents hospitals, physician groups, imaging centers, laboratories and other organizations making sure they meet compliance obligations and navigate through the federal regulations maze.
“I enjoy working with a group of people who are passionate, intelligent and dedicated to making things better,” Ryan says. “The health care industry is constantly evolving which makes it easier for someone new to make a mark. There is always a new piece of legislation or federal rulemaking to learn.”
Ryan grew up in Bay St. Louis and earned a bachelor of arts in speech communication from the University of Southern Mississippi. He also earned a master of education from the University of South Carolina and his juris doctor from the University of Mississippi where he was an associate editor for the state law journal.
Ryan is a member of the USM Hall of Fame and a past recipient of the Mississippi Bar Association Health Law Award.
When he’s not in the office, Ryan enjoys playing golf, following Southern Miss athletics and spending time with his wife, Lauren, and son, Owen. The Ryan family attends North Ridge Church in Madison where on the second Sunday of each month the church forgoes its morning services to do community volunteering in Metro Jackson.
“The church has a large number of younger families and young professionals,” Ryan says. “This is just one of the ways that our church seeks to fulfill its mission.”
Ryan says his top three pieces of advices for rising young professionals are to listen more than you speak, find a trusted mentor you can learn from and be humble.
Heroes: My mother and father, Jeannie and Tim Ryan
Best thing about Mississippi: Family and great food
Best Mississippi event: Great Mississippi River Balloon Race in Natchez
Favorite Mississippi food: Pirate’s Cove in Pass Christian, Ajax in Oxford and Crescent City Grill in Hattiesburg
Favorite TV show: “Person of Interest”
Favorite movie: “Good Will Hunting”
Favorite music: Contemporary Christian or county
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November