KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Brant Ryan
Name: Brant Ryan
Company: Adams & Reese LLP
Jackson attorney Brant Ryan says Adams & Reese was the only place he was interested in working after law school.
“The people, the office culture and the quality of work are truly special,” he says. “The firm is intentional about teaching and growing its associates, which is something that I value and appreciate greatly.”
As an attorney specializing in health care law, Ryan represents hospitals, physician groups, imaging centers, laboratories and other organizations making sure they meet compliance obligations and navigate through the federal regulations maze.
“I enjoy working with a group of people who are passionate, intelligent and dedicated to making things better,” Ryan says. “The health care industry is constantly evolving which makes it easier for someone new to make a mark. There is always a new piece of legislation or federal rulemaking to learn.”
Ryan grew up in Bay St. Louis and earned a bachelor of arts in speech communication from the University of Southern Mississippi. He also earned a master of education from the University of South Carolina and his juris doctor from the University of Mississippi where he was an associate editor for the state law journal.
Ryan is a member of the USM Hall of Fame and a past recipient of the Mississippi Bar Association Health Law Award.
When he’s not in the office, Ryan enjoys playing golf, following Southern Miss athletics and spending time with his wife, Lauren, and son, Owen. The Ryan family attends North Ridge Church in Madison where on the second Sunday of each month the church forgoes its morning services to do community volunteering in Metro Jackson.
“The church has a large number of younger families and young professionals,” Ryan says. “This is just one of the ways that our church seeks to fulfill its mission.”
Ryan says his top three pieces of advices for rising young professionals are to listen more than you speak, find a trusted mentor you can learn from and be humble.
Heroes: My mother and father, Jeannie and Tim Ryan
Best thing about Mississippi: Family and great food
Best Mississippi event: Great Mississippi River Balloon Race in Natchez
Favorite Mississippi food: Pirate’s Cove in Pass Christian, Ajax in Oxford and Crescent City Grill in Hattiesburg
Favorite TV show: “Person of Interest”
Favorite movie: “Good Will Hunting”
Favorite music: Contemporary Christian or county
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow