MDEQ lifts beach closure prompted by sewage release
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted a beach closure issued June 17.
The stretch of beach is from Grande View Drive to Brady Drive in Biloxi (approximately from east of Edgewater Mall to just past Beauvoir).
The City of Biloxi reported to MDEQ Monday that a pump station malfunctioned and that sewage entered the beach area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015