MDEQ lifts beach closure prompted by sewage release
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted a beach closure issued June 17.
The stretch of beach is from Grande View Drive to Brady Drive in Biloxi (approximately from east of Edgewater Mall to just past Beauvoir).
The City of Biloxi reported to MDEQ Monday that a pump station malfunctioned and that sewage entered the beach area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters