MDEQ lifts beach closure prompted by sewage release
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted a beach closure issued June 17.
The stretch of beach is from Grande View Drive to Brady Drive in Biloxi (approximately from east of Edgewater Mall to just past Beauvoir).
The City of Biloxi reported to MDEQ Monday that a pump station malfunctioned and that sewage entered the beach area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules