MDEQ lifts beach closure prompted by sewage release
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted a beach closure issued June 17.
The stretch of beach is from Grande View Drive to Brady Drive in Biloxi (approximately from east of Edgewater Mall to just past Beauvoir).
The City of Biloxi reported to MDEQ Monday that a pump station malfunctioned and that sewage entered the beach area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M