MSCUA elects, honors members
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 21,2013
Credit union delegates, during the Mississippi Credit Union Association’s (MSCUA’s) 76th Annual Meeting & Convention, re-elected board members and recognized individuals for outstanding achievements. Four MSCUA board members were re-elected for a three year term: Shelia Bridges, president/CEO, MBHS FCU, Jackson; John Gibbons, president/CEO, Triangle FCU, Columbus; Kaye Ray, director, Central Sunbelt FCU, Laurel; and, Jimmy Smith, president/CEO, Singing River FCU, Moss Point. The MSCUA board re-elected the following officers: Chairman Jimmy Smith, Singing River FCU, Moss Point; vice chairman Billy Bridges, Mutual CU, Vicksburg; treasurer Ray Scott, USM FCU, Hattiesburg; and, executive committee member John Gibbons, Triangle FCU, Columbus. MSCUA board members are: Laurin Avara, Navigator CU; Sheila Bridges, MBHS FCU; Elmer Dickens, Gulf Coast Community FCU; Dennis Florreich, Meridian Mutual FCU; Brig. Gen. Richard Moss (ret.), Keesler FCU; Katie Nelson, Mississippi Postal EFCU; Steve Pollman, Magnolia FCU; and Kaye Ray, Central Sunbelt FCU. With a combined 271 years of volunteer service to credit unions, seven individuals received the state’s highest honor, induction into the Mississippi Credit Union Hall of Fame. They are: John Wesley Abrams, B&W FCU, West Point; Howard Austin, Vickswood CU, Vicksburg; Elmer Dickens, Gulf Coast Community FCU, Gulfport; Don Lee, Mississippi Farm Bureau Employees CU, Jackson; Charles Marshall, Mississippi Farm Bureau Employees CU, Jackson; Jackie Roberson, Meridian Mutual FCU, Meridian; and, Helen Walker, Gulf Coast Community FCU, Gulfport. Lisa Lindsey, president/CEO of Gulf Coast Community FCU, received the CEO of the Year Award from the Mississippi Credit Union Managers Association. MSCUA staff members Sonny Green and Cheryl Oggs were recognized for 10 years and five years of service, respectively.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!