Casino hotel construction playing beat the clock
Published: June 24,2013
BILOXI — The countdown is on and those driving by the new hotel construction on U.S. 90 are watching to see if the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi can make its planned opening by New Year’s Eve.
Todd Raziano, CFO at the casino, tells The Sun Herald Premier Entertainment Biloxi and Hard Rock International are investing $32.5 million for the 154-room hotel going up on the west end of the resort, curving between the swimming pool and sidewalk.
Foundation work started in October and with a little more than six months to go, contractors are adding a floor every week to 10 days.
The next milestone will be the topping off, expected at the end of July.
Hard Rock expects the new hotel to create 90 permanent jobs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal