Casino hotel construction playing beat the clock
Published: June 24,2013
BILOXI — The countdown is on and those driving by the new hotel construction on U.S. 90 are watching to see if the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi can make its planned opening by New Year’s Eve.
Todd Raziano, CFO at the casino, tells The Sun Herald Premier Entertainment Biloxi and Hard Rock International are investing $32.5 million for the 154-room hotel going up on the west end of the resort, curving between the swimming pool and sidewalk.
Foundation work started in October and with a little more than six months to go, contractors are adding a floor every week to 10 days.
The next milestone will be the topping off, expected at the end of July.
Hard Rock expects the new hotel to create 90 permanent jobs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs