Casino hotel construction playing beat the clock
Published: June 24,2013
BILOXI — The countdown is on and those driving by the new hotel construction on U.S. 90 are watching to see if the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi can make its planned opening by New Year’s Eve.
Todd Raziano, CFO at the casino, tells The Sun Herald Premier Entertainment Biloxi and Hard Rock International are investing $32.5 million for the 154-room hotel going up on the west end of the resort, curving between the swimming pool and sidewalk.
Foundation work started in October and with a little more than six months to go, contractors are adding a floor every week to 10 days.
The next milestone will be the topping off, expected at the end of July.
Hard Rock expects the new hotel to create 90 permanent jobs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen