Casino hotel construction playing beat the clock
Published: June 24,2013
BILOXI — The countdown is on and those driving by the new hotel construction on U.S. 90 are watching to see if the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi can make its planned opening by New Year’s Eve.
Todd Raziano, CFO at the casino, tells The Sun Herald Premier Entertainment Biloxi and Hard Rock International are investing $32.5 million for the 154-room hotel going up on the west end of the resort, curving between the swimming pool and sidewalk.
Foundation work started in October and with a little more than six months to go, contractors are adding a floor every week to 10 days.
The next milestone will be the topping off, expected at the end of July.
Hard Rock expects the new hotel to create 90 permanent jobs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- BP appealing to have oil spill settlement administrator removed
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us
- Dollar General store cited by OSHA for second time
- Three insurers selling in state on health care reform website
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology