Founder of iconic restaurant to be honored by Marty Stuart
Published: June 24,2013
PHILADELPHIA — The founder of a popular Neshoba County restaurant is about to be honored by a well-known country musician.
WTOK in Meridian reports Peggy Webb, founder of Peggy’s restaurant in Philadelphia, will be recognized during Marty Stuart’s performance at the Ellis Theater in Philadelphia on Friday night.
Webb opened Peggy’s in 1961 and stayed until her retirement 10 years ago, letting her son take over.
Webb says she has known Stuart — who is also from Philadelphia — since he was two years old. She says Stuart hasn’t given her many details about what to expect at Friday night’s show.
“He just told me to show up and be myself and he would take care of the rest of it,” Webb said. “So, that’s what I plan to do.”
Webb keeps herself busy by looking after her five grandchildren and six great-grandchildren. She says she does her best to stay away from the restaurant — though it’s hard sometimes.
“I’ve had that itch all the time,” Webb said. “My husband’s health got so bad that that was the main reason for retiring. If it wasn’t for that, I’d probably still be down there.”
Friday’s show will be recorded for RFD-TV’s “The Marty Stuart Show,” according to Stuart’s website.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.