Losing mayoral candidate challenges DuPree’s victory in Hub City
Published: June 25,2013
HATTIESBURG — Mayoral candidate Dave Ware has filed a petition of contest, challenging Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree’s victory in the June 4 mayoral election.
Ware lost by 37 votes, according to the certified election results.
The Hattiesburg American reports the petition alleges voting irregularities that include instances of disenfranchised felons voting in the election.
On the last day that he was eligible to do so, Ware filed petitions yesterday in the circuit courts of Lamar and Forrest counties.
DuPree won the absentee ballot count by 110 votes, according to the petition.
DuPree said he had not yet read the petition and needed time to digest its contents before commenting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years