Losing mayoral candidate challenges DuPree’s victory in Hub City
Published: June 25,2013
HATTIESBURG — Mayoral candidate Dave Ware has filed a petition of contest, challenging Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree’s victory in the June 4 mayoral election.
Ware lost by 37 votes, according to the certified election results.
The Hattiesburg American reports the petition alleges voting irregularities that include instances of disenfranchised felons voting in the election.
On the last day that he was eligible to do so, Ware filed petitions yesterday in the circuit courts of Lamar and Forrest counties.
DuPree won the absentee ballot count by 110 votes, according to the petition.
DuPree said he had not yet read the petition and needed time to digest its contents before commenting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions