Losing mayoral candidate challenges DuPree’s victory in Hub City
Published: June 25,2013
HATTIESBURG — Mayoral candidate Dave Ware has filed a petition of contest, challenging Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree’s victory in the June 4 mayoral election.
Ware lost by 37 votes, according to the certified election results.
The Hattiesburg American reports the petition alleges voting irregularities that include instances of disenfranchised felons voting in the election.
On the last day that he was eligible to do so, Ware filed petitions yesterday in the circuit courts of Lamar and Forrest counties.
DuPree won the absentee ballot count by 110 votes, according to the petition.
DuPree said he had not yet read the petition and needed time to digest its contents before commenting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life