Screw Conveyor expanding with DRA funding
by Associated Press
Published: June 25,2013
WINONA — The Delta Regional Authority is investing $102,215 in the expansion and renovation of manufacturing facilities for the Screw Conveyor Corporation located in Winona.
Screw Conveyor Corporation specializes in bulk material handling equipment used in the food processing, chemical and agriculture industries. It also has plants in Hammond, Ind., and Visalia, Calif.
It employs 40 people in Winona.
Company officials say an expansion is needed because of the recent acquisition of new contracts.
Phase I of the renovations will update the roofing, lighting and restroom facilities of the manufacturing plant.
Screw Conveyor Corporation also will hire 20 new workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy