Screw Conveyor expanding with DRA funding
Published: June 25,2013
WINONA — The Delta Regional Authority is investing $102,215 in the expansion and renovation of manufacturing facilities for the Screw Conveyor Corporation located in Winona.
Screw Conveyor Corporation specializes in bulk material handling equipment used in the food processing, chemical and agriculture industries. It also has plants in Hammond, Ind., and Visalia, Calif.
It employs 40 people in Winona.
Company officials say an expansion is needed because of the recent acquisition of new contracts.
Phase I of the renovations will update the roofing, lighting and restroom facilities of the manufacturing plant.
Screw Conveyor Corporation also will hire 20 new workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)