Screw Conveyor expanding with DRA funding
by Associated Press
Published: June 25,2013
WINONA — The Delta Regional Authority is investing $102,215 in the expansion and renovation of manufacturing facilities for the Screw Conveyor Corporation located in Winona.
Screw Conveyor Corporation specializes in bulk material handling equipment used in the food processing, chemical and agriculture industries. It also has plants in Hammond, Ind., and Visalia, Calif.
It employs 40 people in Winona.
Company officials say an expansion is needed because of the recent acquisition of new contracts.
Phase I of the renovations will update the roofing, lighting and restroom facilities of the manufacturing plant.
Screw Conveyor Corporation also will hire 20 new workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015