Screw Conveyor expanding with DRA funding
by Associated Press
Published: June 25,2013
WINONA — The Delta Regional Authority is investing $102,215 in the expansion and renovation of manufacturing facilities for the Screw Conveyor Corporation located in Winona.
Screw Conveyor Corporation specializes in bulk material handling equipment used in the food processing, chemical and agriculture industries. It also has plants in Hammond, Ind., and Visalia, Calif.
It employs 40 people in Winona.
Company officials say an expansion is needed because of the recent acquisition of new contracts.
Phase I of the renovations will update the roofing, lighting and restroom facilities of the manufacturing plant.
Screw Conveyor Corporation also will hire 20 new workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast