MGCCC makes top 100 nationally in degree-granting
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2013
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has again been named among the top associate degree producers in the nation, with more than 1,795 students receiving degrees in 2012.
This is the 10th year since 2002 that MGCCC has been named in the top 100, and it is the only community college in the states of Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee to make the overall top-100 list, a singular designation the college has received eight times.
Community College Week, an educational magazine, ranked the college at No. 78 in the nation overall. The ranking is based on the number of degrees awarded to students from the country’s 1,300 community colleges.
The college was also named sixth in associate degrees for education majors, 49th in associate degrees for African-American students, 20th in associate degrees for family and consumer sciences/human sciences majors and 67th in total non-minority graduates.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey