MGCCC makes top 100 nationally in degree-granting
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2013
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has again been named among the top associate degree producers in the nation, with more than 1,795 students receiving degrees in 2012.
This is the 10th year since 2002 that MGCCC has been named in the top 100, and it is the only community college in the states of Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee to make the overall top-100 list, a singular designation the college has received eight times.
Community College Week, an educational magazine, ranked the college at No. 78 in the nation overall. The ranking is based on the number of degrees awarded to students from the country’s 1,300 community colleges.
The college was also named sixth in associate degrees for education majors, 49th in associate degrees for African-American students, 20th in associate degrees for family and consumer sciences/human sciences majors and 67th in total non-minority graduates.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that