MGCCC makes top 100 nationally in degree-granting
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2013
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has again been named among the top associate degree producers in the nation, with more than 1,795 students receiving degrees in 2012.
This is the 10th year since 2002 that MGCCC has been named in the top 100, and it is the only community college in the states of Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee to make the overall top-100 list, a singular designation the college has received eight times.
Community College Week, an educational magazine, ranked the college at No. 78 in the nation overall. The ranking is based on the number of degrees awarded to students from the country’s 1,300 community colleges.
The college was also named sixth in associate degrees for education majors, 49th in associate degrees for African-American students, 20th in associate degrees for family and consumer sciences/human sciences majors and 67th in total non-minority graduates.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations