University Research Center updates socio-economic handbook
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 27,2013
JACKSON — The University Research Center recently updated the online data resource, the Mississippi Handbook of Selected Data, which contains maps, graphs and tables displaying socio-economic data relevant for Mississippi.
Last updated in 2002, the handbook is published exclusively on the web and features an interactive table of contents for ease of navigating through the publication.
“The Mississippi Handbook of Selected Data has always been a valuable resource,” said Dr. Darrin Webb, state economist and director of the University Research Center. “The new interactive table of contents makes it more accessible, while the real time updating keeps the data current. We encourage users to send us their comments and suggestions for making this even more useful.”
Rather than periodically publishing a single document, the new Mississippi Handbook of Selected Data will be updated on a continuous basis, with each page being updated as new data become available. An icon on each page allows users to send an email to notify the University Research Center when new data are available. Users can also use this icon to direct questions or comments to URC staff members.
The Mississippi Handbook of Selected Data is posted on the University Research Center website at www.mississippi.edu/urc. Users can also access other URC publications at this site such as Mississippi’s Business, The Mississippi Outlook, and Economic Trends.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center