Royal College honors James Martin
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 28,2013
Dr. James N. Martin Jr., professor of obstetrics and gynecology and director of maternal fetal medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, has been unanimously elected to the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists in London as an ad eundem, or honorary, fellow. Martin earned his M.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, trained in obstetrics and gynecology at North Carolina Memorial Hospital, completed a clinical research fellowship with the World Health Organization at Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm and a maternal fetal medicine fellowship at University of Texas Science Center at Dallas.
He joined UMMC in 1981 to practice and teach maternal fetal medicine. Martin has more than 500 scientific publications to his credit, many focusing on pregnancy-related complications including HELLP syndrome, placental ischemia and preeclampsia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams