Royal College honors James Martin
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 28,2013
Dr. James N. Martin Jr., professor of obstetrics and gynecology and director of maternal fetal medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, has been unanimously elected to the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists in London as an ad eundem, or honorary, fellow. Martin earned his M.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, trained in obstetrics and gynecology at North Carolina Memorial Hospital, completed a clinical research fellowship with the World Health Organization at Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm and a maternal fetal medicine fellowship at University of Texas Science Center at Dallas.
He joined UMMC in 1981 to practice and teach maternal fetal medicine. Martin has more than 500 scientific publications to his credit, many focusing on pregnancy-related complications including HELLP syndrome, placental ischemia and preeclampsia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food