Royal College honors James Martin
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 28,2013
Dr. James N. Martin Jr., professor of obstetrics and gynecology and director of maternal fetal medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, has been unanimously elected to the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists in London as an ad eundem, or honorary, fellow. Martin earned his M.D. from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, trained in obstetrics and gynecology at North Carolina Memorial Hospital, completed a clinical research fellowship with the World Health Organization at Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm and a maternal fetal medicine fellowship at University of Texas Science Center at Dallas.
He joined UMMC in 1981 to practice and teach maternal fetal medicine. Martin has more than 500 scientific publications to his credit, many focusing on pregnancy-related complications including HELLP syndrome, placental ischemia and preeclampsia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option