MSU Foundation names Asya Besova Cooley annual giving director
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 28,2013
Asya Besova Cooley, a professional staff member in the Mississippi State University Foundation, is the university’s new annual giving director. In that role, she will direct fundraising efforts that typically focus on gifts made to any MSU area on a continuing basis. Cooley also will be responsible for securing annual gifts for the institution and its academic colleges through direct marketing efforts. Since 2011, she has served as assistant director of annual giving and coordinator of the MSU Foundation’s telefunding program.
A native of Southwestern Russia, Cooley is a communication graduate of Alcorn State University who went on to receive a master’s degree in mass communication from Louisiana State University. Before coming to MSU, she was a research associate at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa and co-owner and a social media consultant for the HH Agency in that city. Previously, she worked for two years with the New York Times Regional Media Group.
As annual giving director, Cooley will continue overseeing the Bulldog Calling Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager