Rick Gregory leading UM Southaven campus
Rick R. Gregory, former president and dean of the International College of Lijiang College of Guangxi Normal University in Guilin, China, is the new executive director of the University of Mississippi at DeSoto in Southaven. Before joining UM, Gregory served in several leadership roles of a university, both in the academic and nonacademic arenas. He taught at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels, creating programs at each. Founding dean of the Cook Graduate School of Leadership at Dallas Baptist University, Gregory has been vice president in student affairs, executive vice president and a vice president responsible for global initiatives and partnerships.
Gregory graduated from Howard Payne University, Sam Houston State University and the University of Houston. He previously worked at DBU as vice president, dean and professor of leadership in DBU’s Gary Cook Graduate School of Leadership and vice president for executive and student affairs. Gregory also served as president of HPU.
He and his wife, the former Judy Barnes, have three children: Josh, Tiffany and Zach, and one daughter-in-law, Rebekah.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life