Rick Gregory leading UM Southaven campus
Rick R. Gregory, former president and dean of the International College of Lijiang College of Guangxi Normal University in Guilin, China, is the new executive director of the University of Mississippi at DeSoto in Southaven. Before joining UM, Gregory served in several leadership roles of a university, both in the academic and nonacademic arenas. He taught at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels, creating programs at each. Founding dean of the Cook Graduate School of Leadership at Dallas Baptist University, Gregory has been vice president in student affairs, executive vice president and a vice president responsible for global initiatives and partnerships.
Gregory graduated from Howard Payne University, Sam Houston State University and the University of Houston. He previously worked at DBU as vice president, dean and professor of leadership in DBU’s Gary Cook Graduate School of Leadership and vice president for executive and student affairs. Gregory also served as president of HPU.
He and his wife, the former Judy Barnes, have three children: Josh, Tiffany and Zach, and one daughter-in-law, Rebekah.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015