Health Department awards CONs, one for cost overrun
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 28,2013
HATTIESBURG and JACKSON — The Mississippi State Department of Health has issued certificates of need (CONs) for projects at Forrest County General Hospital in Hattiesburg and St. Dominic Hospital.
Forrest County General Hospital (d/b/a Forrest General Hospital) received a CON) for an amendment/cost overrun to CON No. R-0808. The original project involved the demolition and renovation to convert adult chemical dependency beds to adult psychiatric beds at Pine Grove Behavioral Health Center. Additional expenses associated with this project relate to increased construction costs and unforeseen renovation and equipment expenditures. Original capital expenditure for this project: $1,865,047. Additional capital expenditure for this project: $321,870, bringing the total capital expenditure for this project is $2,186,917.
St. Dominic Hospital received CON authority to transfer ownership of the Chapel from St. Dominic Health Services Inc. to St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital. St. Dominic will acquire ownership of the recently constructed Chapel from St. Dominic Health Services Inc. As a result of the transfer of ownership, St. Dominic will pay $5,786,072, the total capital expenditure, to St. Dominic Health Services Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi