Health Department awards CONs, one for cost overrun
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 28,2013
HATTIESBURG and JACKSON — The Mississippi State Department of Health has issued certificates of need (CONs) for projects at Forrest County General Hospital in Hattiesburg and St. Dominic Hospital.
Forrest County General Hospital (d/b/a Forrest General Hospital) received a CON) for an amendment/cost overrun to CON No. R-0808. The original project involved the demolition and renovation to convert adult chemical dependency beds to adult psychiatric beds at Pine Grove Behavioral Health Center. Additional expenses associated with this project relate to increased construction costs and unforeseen renovation and equipment expenditures. Original capital expenditure for this project: $1,865,047. Additional capital expenditure for this project: $321,870, bringing the total capital expenditure for this project is $2,186,917.
St. Dominic Hospital received CON authority to transfer ownership of the Chapel from St. Dominic Health Services Inc. to St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital. St. Dominic will acquire ownership of the recently constructed Chapel from St. Dominic Health Services Inc. As a result of the transfer of ownership, St. Dominic will pay $5,786,072, the total capital expenditure, to St. Dominic Health Services Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste