Health Department awards CONs, one for cost overrun
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 28,2013
HATTIESBURG and JACKSON — The Mississippi State Department of Health has issued certificates of need (CONs) for projects at Forrest County General Hospital in Hattiesburg and St. Dominic Hospital.
Forrest County General Hospital (d/b/a Forrest General Hospital) received a CON) for an amendment/cost overrun to CON No. R-0808. The original project involved the demolition and renovation to convert adult chemical dependency beds to adult psychiatric beds at Pine Grove Behavioral Health Center. Additional expenses associated with this project relate to increased construction costs and unforeseen renovation and equipment expenditures. Original capital expenditure for this project: $1,865,047. Additional capital expenditure for this project: $321,870, bringing the total capital expenditure for this project is $2,186,917.
St. Dominic Hospital received CON authority to transfer ownership of the Chapel from St. Dominic Health Services Inc. to St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital. St. Dominic will acquire ownership of the recently constructed Chapel from St. Dominic Health Services Inc. As a result of the transfer of ownership, St. Dominic will pay $5,786,072, the total capital expenditure, to St. Dominic Health Services Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project