JSU brings in Ricardo Brown
Dr. Ricardo A. Brown, a veteran administrator and cardiovascular physiologist who has worked with the National Institutes of Health and led programs to open higher education pathways for underrepresented populations, has been named the new dean of Jackson State University’s College of Public Service. Brown comes to JSU after serving as assistant vice chancellor for academic affairs for the University System of Maryland and chief academic programs officer at the Universities at Shady Grove, which is part of the system. From 2002 to 2008, he was health scientist administrator/minority health and health disparities coordinator for the NIH’s National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
Brown previously served as associate vice president for sponsored programs at Howard University. He was the principal signing agent for grant contracts and corporate agreements on behalf of the university. Brown also was a professor at Howard University College of Medicine in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics. He is president and CEO of RAB Associates, LLC, a Washington, D.C.-based consulting services company handling grants, contracts administration, continuous process improvement, program and project management and evaluation.
Brown received a bachelor’s degree in biology from Oakwood College. He earned his Ph.D. in physiology and biophysics from Howard University. Earlier in his career, Brown served as chairman of biology at Morgan State University and a professor in the Department of Physiology at Wayne State University School of Medicine.
Brown’s research on the cardiovascular effects of alcohol consumption has been published extensively and he has received recognition for medical student training and directing programs designed to increase minority student participation in STEM programs, biomedical sciences and medicine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data