MSU thanks arts and sciences, business, agriculture and life sciences faculty
Faculty in the colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, and Agriculture and Life Sciences, as well as a member of the campus advising center staff, are 2013 selections for Mississippi State University’s annual faculty awards. Mark A. Novotny, head of the physics and astronomy department, was announced as the newest William L. Giles Distinguished Professor, the university’s highest academic rank.
Sponsored by the Office of the Provost and MSU Alumni Association, the annual spring university-wide awards program also recognized associate professor Joel E. Collier of the marketing, quantitative analysis and business law department with the Alumni Association Graduate Teaching Excellence Award; professor Gary N. Ervin of the biological sciences department with the Alumni Association Outstanding Graduate Student Mentor Award; academic coordinator Daniel T. Fancher of the University Academic Advising Center with the Irvin Atly Jefcoat Excellence in Advising Staff Award; professor Randall D. Little of the agricultural economics department with the Irvin Atly Jefcoat Excellence in Advising Faculty Award; instructor Kimberly W. Walters of the mathematics and statistics department with the John Grisham Master Teacher Award; instructor Joshua B. Winter of the physics and astronomy department with the Alumni Association Early Career Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!