MSU thanks arts and sciences, business, agriculture and life sciences faculty
Faculty in the colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, and Agriculture and Life Sciences, as well as a member of the campus advising center staff, are 2013 selections for Mississippi State University’s annual faculty awards. Mark A. Novotny, head of the physics and astronomy department, was announced as the newest William L. Giles Distinguished Professor, the university’s highest academic rank.
Sponsored by the Office of the Provost and MSU Alumni Association, the annual spring university-wide awards program also recognized associate professor Joel E. Collier of the marketing, quantitative analysis and business law department with the Alumni Association Graduate Teaching Excellence Award; professor Gary N. Ervin of the biological sciences department with the Alumni Association Outstanding Graduate Student Mentor Award; academic coordinator Daniel T. Fancher of the University Academic Advising Center with the Irvin Atly Jefcoat Excellence in Advising Staff Award; professor Randall D. Little of the agricultural economics department with the Irvin Atly Jefcoat Excellence in Advising Faculty Award; instructor Kimberly W. Walters of the mathematics and statistics department with the John Grisham Master Teacher Award; instructor Joshua B. Winter of the physics and astronomy department with the Alumni Association Early Career Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot