Maj. Chris Patterson earns Guard promotion
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 28,2013
Maj. Christian Patterson of Clinton was recently promoted to the rank of lieutenant colonel in the Mississippi Army National Guard. Patterson, who serves as deputy director of the Mississippi Military Department’s Public Affairs Office, and as the Joint Force Headquarters, Mississippi National Guard public affairs officer, had his new rank pinned on by the state’s adjutant general, Maj. Gen. Augustus L. Collins, and Patterson’s wife, Latrice, of Oak Grove. During his career, Patterson has deployed to Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo and Afghanistan. He has also completed assignments in France, Honduras and the Dominican Republic, as well. The majority of his service has been in various assignments within the 102nd Mobile Public Affairs Detachment located in Jackson.
Patterson was commissioned as a second lieutenant through Louisiana State University’s R.O.T.C. program in 1999. He earned his bachelor of arts degree in mass communications from LSU, and later earned an MBA degree from Belhaven University in Jackson. He also possesses many credentials, which include an associates of arts in radio, TV and film degree from Hinds Community College, professional certificate in strategic communication and leadership from Seton Hall University and is a 2012 graduate of the Command and General Staff College’s Intermediate Level Education-Common Core Course. He received his accreditation in public relations + military communication in October 2012 from the Universal Accreditation Board in New York, N.Y.
Patterson is very active in community programs within the Jackson metropolitan area. He is a member of the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., and serves as president-elect of the Rho Xi Lambda chapter in Canton. He also volunteers as a community health advisor for Jackson’s mid-south division of the American Cancer Society and is a member of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi.
Patterson is the son of Raymond and Linda Patterson of Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible