Maj. Chris Patterson earns Guard promotion
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 28,2013
Maj. Christian Patterson of Clinton was recently promoted to the rank of lieutenant colonel in the Mississippi Army National Guard. Patterson, who serves as deputy director of the Mississippi Military Department’s Public Affairs Office, and as the Joint Force Headquarters, Mississippi National Guard public affairs officer, had his new rank pinned on by the state’s adjutant general, Maj. Gen. Augustus L. Collins, and Patterson’s wife, Latrice, of Oak Grove. During his career, Patterson has deployed to Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo and Afghanistan. He has also completed assignments in France, Honduras and the Dominican Republic, as well. The majority of his service has been in various assignments within the 102nd Mobile Public Affairs Detachment located in Jackson.
Patterson was commissioned as a second lieutenant through Louisiana State University’s R.O.T.C. program in 1999. He earned his bachelor of arts degree in mass communications from LSU, and later earned an MBA degree from Belhaven University in Jackson. He also possesses many credentials, which include an associates of arts in radio, TV and film degree from Hinds Community College, professional certificate in strategic communication and leadership from Seton Hall University and is a 2012 graduate of the Command and General Staff College’s Intermediate Level Education-Common Core Course. He received his accreditation in public relations + military communication in October 2012 from the Universal Accreditation Board in New York, N.Y.
Patterson is very active in community programs within the Jackson metropolitan area. He is a member of the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., and serves as president-elect of the Rho Xi Lambda chapter in Canton. He also volunteers as a community health advisor for Jackson’s mid-south division of the American Cancer Society and is a member of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi.
Patterson is the son of Raymond and Linda Patterson of Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios