Coast city’s first brewery in operation
by Associated Press
Published: June 30,2013
GULFPORT — This Coast city’s first brewery is open for business.
WLOX-TV reports the beer was flowing Saturday for the grand opening of Mississippi Brewing Company.
Co-owner Samson Vasquez says the idea to open a brewery “just hit us” one night. Now, Vasquez says a dream is coming to fruition.
As the ribbon was cut during the ceremony yesterday, Vasquez and the other partners in the company felt even more confident that it’s a project destined to thrive.
With three 45 gallon pots brewing in the back and lines stretching out the front, it seemed like a recipe that’s right on target.
While the owners share the same love and passion for beer, with seven different home brewed beers, they all have their individual favorites.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Running with the big dogs — Hollywood Feed taking small-store feel to national level