Coast city’s first brewery in operation
by Associated Press
Published: June 30,2013
GULFPORT — This Coast city’s first brewery is open for business.
WLOX-TV reports the beer was flowing Saturday for the grand opening of Mississippi Brewing Company.
Co-owner Samson Vasquez says the idea to open a brewery “just hit us” one night. Now, Vasquez says a dream is coming to fruition.
As the ribbon was cut during the ceremony yesterday, Vasquez and the other partners in the company felt even more confident that it’s a project destined to thrive.
With three 45 gallon pots brewing in the back and lines stretching out the front, it seemed like a recipe that’s right on target.
While the owners share the same love and passion for beer, with seven different home brewed beers, they all have their individual favorites.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium