Coast city’s first brewery in operation
Published: June 30,2013
GULFPORT — This Coast city’s first brewery is open for business.
WLOX-TV reports the beer was flowing Saturday for the grand opening of Mississippi Brewing Company.
Co-owner Samson Vasquez says the idea to open a brewery “just hit us” one night. Now, Vasquez says a dream is coming to fruition.
As the ribbon was cut during the ceremony yesterday, Vasquez and the other partners in the company felt even more confident that it’s a project destined to thrive.
With three 45 gallon pots brewing in the back and lines stretching out the front, it seemed like a recipe that’s right on target.
While the owners share the same love and passion for beer, with seven different home brewed beers, they all have their individual favorites.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force