Coast city’s first brewery in operation
by Associated Press
Published: June 30,2013
GULFPORT — This Coast city’s first brewery is open for business.
WLOX-TV reports the beer was flowing Saturday for the grand opening of Mississippi Brewing Company.
Co-owner Samson Vasquez says the idea to open a brewery “just hit us” one night. Now, Vasquez says a dream is coming to fruition.
As the ribbon was cut during the ceremony yesterday, Vasquez and the other partners in the company felt even more confident that it’s a project destined to thrive.
With three 45 gallon pots brewing in the back and lines stretching out the front, it seemed like a recipe that’s right on target.
While the owners share the same love and passion for beer, with seven different home brewed beers, they all have their individual favorites.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC