Coast city’s first brewery in operation
Published: June 30,2013
GULFPORT — This Coast city’s first brewery is open for business.
WLOX-TV reports the beer was flowing Saturday for the grand opening of Mississippi Brewing Company.
Co-owner Samson Vasquez says the idea to open a brewery “just hit us” one night. Now, Vasquez says a dream is coming to fruition.
As the ribbon was cut during the ceremony yesterday, Vasquez and the other partners in the company felt even more confident that it’s a project destined to thrive.
With three 45 gallon pots brewing in the back and lines stretching out the front, it seemed like a recipe that’s right on target.
While the owners share the same love and passion for beer, with seven different home brewed beers, they all have their individual favorites.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015