New hospital holds ribbon-cutting ceremony
Published: June 30,2013
PHILADELPHIA — The new $19-million Neshoba County General Hospital opened today with a special celebration including a program, tours and reception.
The opening began with a 2 p.m. with a ribbon-cutting under the new entrance.
Hospital administrator Lonnie Graeber and Philadelphia Mayor James A. Young were among speakers.
“Our new hospital has been in the works for a long time, so the grand opening is what our staff and community have all been waiting for,” Graeber told the Neshoba Democrat.
The new 52,600-square-foot hospital features 25 large, private patient rooms, surgery suite and pharmacy on the second floor.
The first floor consists of a state-of-the-art emergency department, a four-bed intensive care unit and a radiology department with an outpatient waiting area.
“It comes at the same time we are celebrating our 50th anniversary; and we look forward to providing our friends and neighbors with excellent health care for the next 50 years,” Graeber said.
Ground was broken for the new replacement facility in December 2011.
The construction project is being completed in two phases, the first being the completely new hospital just south of the current structure in the vicinity of the heliport. Phase 2 will follow and entail the renovation of the current 50-year-old hospital.
The laboratory, rehabilitation department and respiratory therapy will be housed on the first floor of the old hospital. OB/GYN offices will be on the second floor. The third floor will consist of five labor and delivery rooms, C-section and nursery.
The fourth floor will be a 10-bed geropsych unit.
The current hospital celebrated its grand opening Feb. 10, 1963.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public