Burkhalter moving ‘large vessels’ to Kemper coal plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Weather permitting, Burkhalter Rigging will move two “large vessels” today along a designated route from Bigbee Valley at Highway 388 to the Kemper County Power Plant site on Highway 493.
According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation, each load will be 18 feet wide, 21 feet high, 132 feet long and weigh over 201 tons. The load will be transported by a truck and trailer with 22 axles.
Crews will temporarily close sections of Highway 388, Highway 45, Highway 16,and Highway 493 during the move.
The move will begin between noon and 2 p.m. today. Each closed roadway will be reopened by 6 a.m. on July 2, MDOT reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast