Burkhalter moving ‘large vessels’ to Kemper coal plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Weather permitting, Burkhalter Rigging will move two “large vessels” today along a designated route from Bigbee Valley at Highway 388 to the Kemper County Power Plant site on Highway 493.
According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation, each load will be 18 feet wide, 21 feet high, 132 feet long and weigh over 201 tons. The load will be transported by a truck and trailer with 22 axles.
Crews will temporarily close sections of Highway 388, Highway 45, Highway 16,and Highway 493 during the move.
The move will begin between noon and 2 p.m. today. Each closed roadway will be reopened by 6 a.m. on July 2, MDOT reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year