Burkhalter moving ‘large vessels’ to Kemper coal plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Weather permitting, Burkhalter Rigging will move two “large vessels” today along a designated route from Bigbee Valley at Highway 388 to the Kemper County Power Plant site on Highway 493.
According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation, each load will be 18 feet wide, 21 feet high, 132 feet long and weigh over 201 tons. The load will be transported by a truck and trailer with 22 axles.
Crews will temporarily close sections of Highway 388, Highway 45, Highway 16,and Highway 493 during the move.
The move will begin between noon and 2 p.m. today. Each closed roadway will be reopened by 6 a.m. on July 2, MDOT reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club