Burkhalter moving ‘large vessels’ to Kemper coal plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Weather permitting, Burkhalter Rigging will move two “large vessels” today along a designated route from Bigbee Valley at Highway 388 to the Kemper County Power Plant site on Highway 493.
According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation, each load will be 18 feet wide, 21 feet high, 132 feet long and weigh over 201 tons. The load will be transported by a truck and trailer with 22 axles.
Crews will temporarily close sections of Highway 388, Highway 45, Highway 16,and Highway 493 during the move.
The move will begin between noon and 2 p.m. today. Each closed roadway will be reopened by 6 a.m. on July 2, MDOT reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company