Burkhalter moving ‘large vessels’ to Kemper coal plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Weather permitting, Burkhalter Rigging will move two “large vessels” today along a designated route from Bigbee Valley at Highway 388 to the Kemper County Power Plant site on Highway 493.
According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation, each load will be 18 feet wide, 21 feet high, 132 feet long and weigh over 201 tons. The load will be transported by a truck and trailer with 22 axles.
Crews will temporarily close sections of Highway 388, Highway 45, Highway 16,and Highway 493 during the move.
The move will begin between noon and 2 p.m. today. Each closed roadway will be reopened by 6 a.m. on July 2, MDOT reports.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training