Hospital plans ground-breaking for major expansion
Published: July 1,2013
NEW ALBANY — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will break ground Aug. 16 on a $12-million expansion of its emergency department.
The 23,000-square-foot project includes additional parking spaces to reclaim those lost to the expansion. The number of treatment rooms will increase from 7 to 22. The project is to be completed in the summer of 2014.
Walter Grace, chief executive of the New Albany hospital, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal more changes are coming over the next two years.
In July, the hospital will begin a telemedicine program to provide neurology coverage with help from Memphis neurologists.
A pediatrician will join the medical staff in November.
Grace says the hospital is actively recruiting a general surgeon, an orthopedic surgeon, a pulmonologist and a family medicine physician.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation