Hospital plans ground-breaking for major expansion
Published: July 1,2013
NEW ALBANY — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will break ground Aug. 16 on a $12-million expansion of its emergency department.
The 23,000-square-foot project includes additional parking spaces to reclaim those lost to the expansion. The number of treatment rooms will increase from 7 to 22. The project is to be completed in the summer of 2014.
Walter Grace, chief executive of the New Albany hospital, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal more changes are coming over the next two years.
In July, the hospital will begin a telemedicine program to provide neurology coverage with help from Memphis neurologists.
A pediatrician will join the medical staff in November.
Grace says the hospital is actively recruiting a general surgeon, an orthopedic surgeon, a pulmonologist and a family medicine physician.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years