Hospital plans ground-breaking for major expansion
Published: July 1,2013
NEW ALBANY — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will break ground Aug. 16 on a $12-million expansion of its emergency department.
The 23,000-square-foot project includes additional parking spaces to reclaim those lost to the expansion. The number of treatment rooms will increase from 7 to 22. The project is to be completed in the summer of 2014.
Walter Grace, chief executive of the New Albany hospital, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal more changes are coming over the next two years.
In July, the hospital will begin a telemedicine program to provide neurology coverage with help from Memphis neurologists.
A pediatrician will join the medical staff in November.
Grace says the hospital is actively recruiting a general surgeon, an orthopedic surgeon, a pulmonologist and a family medicine physician.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings