Hospital plans ground-breaking for major expansion
by Associated Press
Published: July 1,2013
NEW ALBANY — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will break ground Aug. 16 on a $12-million expansion of its emergency department.
The 23,000-square-foot project includes additional parking spaces to reclaim those lost to the expansion. The number of treatment rooms will increase from 7 to 22. The project is to be completed in the summer of 2014.
Walter Grace, chief executive of the New Albany hospital, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal more changes are coming over the next two years.
In July, the hospital will begin a telemedicine program to provide neurology coverage with help from Memphis neurologists.
A pediatrician will join the medical staff in November.
Grace says the hospital is actively recruiting a general surgeon, an orthopedic surgeon, a pulmonologist and a family medicine physician.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations