Hospital plans ground-breaking for major expansion
Published: July 1,2013
NEW ALBANY — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will break ground Aug. 16 on a $12-million expansion of its emergency department.
The 23,000-square-foot project includes additional parking spaces to reclaim those lost to the expansion. The number of treatment rooms will increase from 7 to 22. The project is to be completed in the summer of 2014.
Walter Grace, chief executive of the New Albany hospital, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal more changes are coming over the next two years.
In July, the hospital will begin a telemedicine program to provide neurology coverage with help from Memphis neurologists.
A pediatrician will join the medical staff in November.
Grace says the hospital is actively recruiting a general surgeon, an orthopedic surgeon, a pulmonologist and a family medicine physician.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money