Keesler commander leaving for overseas assignment
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
BILOXI — Brig. Gen. Brad Spacy, 81st Training Wing commander, has been selected for a new assignment as director for logistics, installations and mission support at Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
According to a news release from Keesler, the general hasn’t received a report date yet, but a change of command ceremony is expected in mid-August.
Spacy came to Keesler and pinned on the rank of brigadier general in May 2012. “It’s has been a privilege to serve with the great men and women at Keesler and members of the local community,” said Spacy. “It will be difficult to say goodbye after such a short tour here, but I’m sure the mission of the base will continue to thrive thanks to the remarkable support I have seen over the past year.”
His successor is Col. Patrick Higby, deputy commander of the White House Communications Agency at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015