Keesler commander leaving for overseas assignment
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
BILOXI — Brig. Gen. Brad Spacy, 81st Training Wing commander, has been selected for a new assignment as director for logistics, installations and mission support at Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
According to a news release from Keesler, the general hasn’t received a report date yet, but a change of command ceremony is expected in mid-August.
Spacy came to Keesler and pinned on the rank of brigadier general in May 2012. “It’s has been a privilege to serve with the great men and women at Keesler and members of the local community,” said Spacy. “It will be difficult to say goodbye after such a short tour here, but I’m sure the mission of the base will continue to thrive thanks to the remarkable support I have seen over the past year.”
His successor is Col. Patrick Higby, deputy commander of the White House Communications Agency at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities