Keesler commander leaving for overseas assignment
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
BILOXI — Brig. Gen. Brad Spacy, 81st Training Wing commander, has been selected for a new assignment as director for logistics, installations and mission support at Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
According to a news release from Keesler, the general hasn’t received a report date yet, but a change of command ceremony is expected in mid-August.
Spacy came to Keesler and pinned on the rank of brigadier general in May 2012. “It’s has been a privilege to serve with the great men and women at Keesler and members of the local community,” said Spacy. “It will be difficult to say goodbye after such a short tour here, but I’m sure the mission of the base will continue to thrive thanks to the remarkable support I have seen over the past year.”
His successor is Col. Patrick Higby, deputy commander of the White House Communications Agency at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million