Keesler commander leaving for overseas assignment
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
BILOXI — Brig. Gen. Brad Spacy, 81st Training Wing commander, has been selected for a new assignment as director for logistics, installations and mission support at Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
According to a news release from Keesler, the general hasn’t received a report date yet, but a change of command ceremony is expected in mid-August.
Spacy came to Keesler and pinned on the rank of brigadier general in May 2012. “It’s has been a privilege to serve with the great men and women at Keesler and members of the local community,” said Spacy. “It will be difficult to say goodbye after such a short tour here, but I’m sure the mission of the base will continue to thrive thanks to the remarkable support I have seen over the past year.”
His successor is Col. Patrick Higby, deputy commander of the White House Communications Agency at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal