Keesler commander leaving for overseas assignment
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
BILOXI — Brig. Gen. Brad Spacy, 81st Training Wing commander, has been selected for a new assignment as director for logistics, installations and mission support at Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
According to a news release from Keesler, the general hasn’t received a report date yet, but a change of command ceremony is expected in mid-August.
Spacy came to Keesler and pinned on the rank of brigadier general in May 2012. “It’s has been a privilege to serve with the great men and women at Keesler and members of the local community,” said Spacy. “It will be difficult to say goodbye after such a short tour here, but I’m sure the mission of the base will continue to thrive thanks to the remarkable support I have seen over the past year.”
His successor is Col. Patrick Higby, deputy commander of the White House Communications Agency at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports