MSU launches new journal promoting research, outreach
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
Tags: agriculture, education, farmer, farming, fasrm, higher education, journal, leadership development, manufacturel, manufacturer, manufacturing, postsecondary education, public university, publication, research, university
STARKVILLE — Faculty in Mississippi State University’s School of Human Sciences recently launched a journal to promote academic research and outreach in human sciences and Extension topics.
The Journal of Human Sciences and Extension is a peer-reviewed publication with articles about human development; family studies; agricultural education; leadership development; Extension; health and wellness; apparel, textiles and merchandising; agricultural economics; nutrition and dietetics; family resource management; and program planning and evaluation.
The open-access journal, to be published three times a year, is available online at www.jhseonline.com.
“MSU is a land-grant university, and one part of our mission is to get information out to the people,” said Donna Peterson, editor of the journal and Extension evaluation specialist in MSU’s School of Human Sciences. “Because this is an online, open-access journal, we are able to reach a broad audience, including Extension agents, teachers in local schools, graduate students and faculty at universities and colleges, and people implementing programs in their communities.”
Peterson said one of the journal’s goals is to connect research and practice, so all manuscript authors must include a section on how the information they have presented can be used in a real way in the real world.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects