MSU launches new journal promoting research, outreach
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
Tags: agriculture, education, farmer, farming, fasrm, higher education, journal, leadership development, manufacturel, manufacturer, manufacturing, postsecondary education, public university, publication, research, university
STARKVILLE — Faculty in Mississippi State University’s School of Human Sciences recently launched a journal to promote academic research and outreach in human sciences and Extension topics.
The Journal of Human Sciences and Extension is a peer-reviewed publication with articles about human development; family studies; agricultural education; leadership development; Extension; health and wellness; apparel, textiles and merchandising; agricultural economics; nutrition and dietetics; family resource management; and program planning and evaluation.
The open-access journal, to be published three times a year, is available online at www.jhseonline.com.
“MSU is a land-grant university, and one part of our mission is to get information out to the people,” said Donna Peterson, editor of the journal and Extension evaluation specialist in MSU’s School of Human Sciences. “Because this is an online, open-access journal, we are able to reach a broad audience, including Extension agents, teachers in local schools, graduate students and faculty at universities and colleges, and people implementing programs in their communities.”
Peterson said one of the journal’s goals is to connect research and practice, so all manuscript authors must include a section on how the information they have presented can be used in a real way in the real world.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued