MSU launches new journal promoting research, outreach
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2013
Tags: agriculture, education, farmer, farming, fasrm, higher education, journal, leadership development, manufacturel, manufacturer, manufacturing, postsecondary education, public university, publication, research, university
STARKVILLE — Faculty in Mississippi State University’s School of Human Sciences recently launched a journal to promote academic research and outreach in human sciences and Extension topics.
The Journal of Human Sciences and Extension is a peer-reviewed publication with articles about human development; family studies; agricultural education; leadership development; Extension; health and wellness; apparel, textiles and merchandising; agricultural economics; nutrition and dietetics; family resource management; and program planning and evaluation.
The open-access journal, to be published three times a year, is available online at www.jhseonline.com.
“MSU is a land-grant university, and one part of our mission is to get information out to the people,” said Donna Peterson, editor of the journal and Extension evaluation specialist in MSU’s School of Human Sciences. “Because this is an online, open-access journal, we are able to reach a broad audience, including Extension agents, teachers in local schools, graduate students and faculty at universities and colleges, and people implementing programs in their communities.”
Peterson said one of the journal’s goals is to connect research and practice, so all manuscript authors must include a section on how the information they have presented can be used in a real way in the real world.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant