BBB warns of scammers targeting Entergy customers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 2,2013
BRANDON — The Better Business Bureau (BBB) serving Mississippi is warning of a utility scam targeting Entergy customers in the state of Louisiana.
John O’Hara, CEO of BBB in Mississippi, says these types of scams “are like the weather, they start out in one area and spread out.” These scams will also move from utility company to utility
company throughout any given area, he added.
The scammers call consumers to inform them that their utility bill is past due and their
service is about to be disconnected. They offer several different ways for you to pay
electronically, such as using a Green Dot MoneyPak card.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs