BBB warns of scammers targeting Entergy customers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 2,2013
BRANDON — The Better Business Bureau (BBB) serving Mississippi is warning of a utility scam targeting Entergy customers in the state of Louisiana.
John O’Hara, CEO of BBB in Mississippi, says these types of scams “are like the weather, they start out in one area and spread out.” These scams will also move from utility company to utility
company throughout any given area, he added.
The scammers call consumers to inform them that their utility bill is past due and their
service is about to be disconnected. They offer several different ways for you to pay
electronically, such as using a Green Dot MoneyPak card.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years