BBB warns of scammers targeting Entergy customers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 2,2013
BRANDON — The Better Business Bureau (BBB) serving Mississippi is warning of a utility scam targeting Entergy customers in the state of Louisiana.
John O’Hara, CEO of BBB in Mississippi, says these types of scams “are like the weather, they start out in one area and spread out.” These scams will also move from utility company to utility
company throughout any given area, he added.
The scammers call consumers to inform them that their utility bill is past due and their
service is about to be disconnected. They offer several different ways for you to pay
electronically, such as using a Green Dot MoneyPak card.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015