BBB warns of scammers targeting Entergy customers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 2,2013
BRANDON — The Better Business Bureau (BBB) serving Mississippi is warning of a utility scam targeting Entergy customers in the state of Louisiana.
John O’Hara, CEO of BBB in Mississippi, says these types of scams “are like the weather, they start out in one area and spread out.” These scams will also move from utility company to utility
company throughout any given area, he added.
The scammers call consumers to inform them that their utility bill is past due and their
service is about to be disconnected. They offer several different ways for you to pay
electronically, such as using a Green Dot MoneyPak card.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015