BBB warns of scammers targeting Entergy customers
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 2,2013
BRANDON — The Better Business Bureau (BBB) serving Mississippi is warning of a utility scam targeting Entergy customers in the state of Louisiana.
John O’Hara, CEO of BBB in Mississippi, says these types of scams “are like the weather, they start out in one area and spread out.” These scams will also move from utility company to utility
company throughout any given area, he added.
The scammers call consumers to inform them that their utility bill is past due and their
service is about to be disconnected. They offer several different ways for you to pay
electronically, such as using a Green Dot MoneyPak card.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal