Chancery Judge Roberts dies of cancer at 65
Published: July 2,2013
OXFORD — Lafayette County Chancery Judge Edwin Roberts, who was serving his third term, died yesterday at his home in Oxford. He was 65.
Officials with Waller Funeral Home in Oxford say funeral services are scheduled for Saturday at 9 a.m. at the First Baptist Church in Oxford. A list of survivors was not immediately available.
Lafayette County Chancery Clerk Sherry Wall says Roberts died from complications from an inoperable lung tumor and a brain tumor.
Roberts began his first term as chancery judge in 2003. His brother, Judge Larry Roberts, serves on the state Court of Appeals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing