Chancery Judge Roberts dies of cancer at 65
by Associated Press
Published: July 2,2013
OXFORD — Lafayette County Chancery Judge Edwin Roberts, who was serving his third term, died yesterday at his home in Oxford. He was 65.
Officials with Waller Funeral Home in Oxford say funeral services are scheduled for Saturday at 9 a.m. at the First Baptist Church in Oxford. A list of survivors was not immediately available.
Lafayette County Chancery Clerk Sherry Wall says Roberts died from complications from an inoperable lung tumor and a brain tumor.
Roberts began his first term as chancery judge in 2003. His brother, Judge Larry Roberts, serves on the state Court of Appeals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Navy supercomputing power to grow
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release