Chancery Judge Roberts dies of cancer at 65
Published: July 2,2013
OXFORD — Lafayette County Chancery Judge Edwin Roberts, who was serving his third term, died yesterday at his home in Oxford. He was 65.
Officials with Waller Funeral Home in Oxford say funeral services are scheduled for Saturday at 9 a.m. at the First Baptist Church in Oxford. A list of survivors was not immediately available.
Lafayette County Chancery Clerk Sherry Wall says Roberts died from complications from an inoperable lung tumor and a brain tumor.
Roberts began his first term as chancery judge in 2003. His brother, Judge Larry Roberts, serves on the state Court of Appeals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions