Chancery Judge Roberts dies of cancer at 65
by Associated Press
Published: July 2,2013
OXFORD — Lafayette County Chancery Judge Edwin Roberts, who was serving his third term, died yesterday at his home in Oxford. He was 65.
Officials with Waller Funeral Home in Oxford say funeral services are scheduled for Saturday at 9 a.m. at the First Baptist Church in Oxford. A list of survivors was not immediately available.
Lafayette County Chancery Clerk Sherry Wall says Roberts died from complications from an inoperable lung tumor and a brain tumor.
Roberts began his first term as chancery judge in 2003. His brother, Judge Larry Roberts, serves on the state Court of Appeals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges