Two WIN Job Centers to remain open despite federal cuts
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 2,2013
IUKA and PHILADELPHIA — The Mississippi Department of Employment Security reports that the Iuka and Philadelphia WIN Job Centers will remain open for services.
These centers will provide services two days each week. Iuka will be in the same location and Philadelphia will open in a new location at 1016 Saxton Airport Road.
A complete listing of WIN Job center locations and their hours can be found at mdes.ms.gov.
“We’re pleased with this new partnership with local officials in these communities. They are providing funding so that we can operate on a part-time basis,” said Mark Henry, MDES executive director.
In May, the MDES announced six full-time and seven part-time WIN Job Centers will close June 21 due to federal budget cuts. Philadelphia was among those earmarked for closing.
In the May announcement, MDES said the Iuka office would remain open part-time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth