Two WIN Job Centers to remain open despite federal cuts
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 2,2013
IUKA and PHILADELPHIA — The Mississippi Department of Employment Security reports that the Iuka and Philadelphia WIN Job Centers will remain open for services.
These centers will provide services two days each week. Iuka will be in the same location and Philadelphia will open in a new location at 1016 Saxton Airport Road.
A complete listing of WIN Job center locations and their hours can be found at mdes.ms.gov.
“We’re pleased with this new partnership with local officials in these communities. They are providing funding so that we can operate on a part-time basis,” said Mark Henry, MDES executive director.
In May, the MDES announced six full-time and seven part-time WIN Job Centers will close June 21 due to federal budget cuts. Philadelphia was among those earmarked for closing.
In the May announcement, MDES said the Iuka office would remain open part-time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study