Two WIN Job Centers to remain open despite federal cuts
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 2,2013
IUKA and PHILADELPHIA — The Mississippi Department of Employment Security reports that the Iuka and Philadelphia WIN Job Centers will remain open for services.
These centers will provide services two days each week. Iuka will be in the same location and Philadelphia will open in a new location at 1016 Saxton Airport Road.
A complete listing of WIN Job center locations and their hours can be found at mdes.ms.gov.
“We’re pleased with this new partnership with local officials in these communities. They are providing funding so that we can operate on a part-time basis,” said Mark Henry, MDES executive director.
In May, the MDES announced six full-time and seven part-time WIN Job Centers will close June 21 due to federal budget cuts. Philadelphia was among those earmarked for closing.
In the May announcement, MDES said the Iuka office would remain open part-time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force