Jamie Richmond receives Corps of Engineers honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 5,2013
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) Vicksburg District has presented the prestigious Ranger of the Year Award to Jamie Richmond, a ranger at Arkabutla Lake in North Mississippi. Richmond is a native of Dexter, Mo., and began her career with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Louis District, in 1997 as a recreational assistant at Wappapello Lake. She entered into the student cooperative education program in 1998 and earned her bachelor of science degree in wildlife biology from Southeast Missouri State in 2001. She became a Corps ranger at Arkabutla Lake in 2002. Richmond is the daughter of Jimmie and Marianna Burge of Dexter. She and her husband, Jeff, reside in Hernando.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot