Jamie Richmond receives Corps of Engineers honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 5,2013
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) Vicksburg District has presented the prestigious Ranger of the Year Award to Jamie Richmond, a ranger at Arkabutla Lake in North Mississippi. Richmond is a native of Dexter, Mo., and began her career with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Louis District, in 1997 as a recreational assistant at Wappapello Lake. She entered into the student cooperative education program in 1998 and earned her bachelor of science degree in wildlife biology from Southeast Missouri State in 2001. She became a Corps ranger at Arkabutla Lake in 2002. Richmond is the daughter of Jimmie and Marianna Burge of Dexter. She and her husband, Jeff, reside in Hernando.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete