Jamie Richmond receives Corps of Engineers honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 5,2013
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) Vicksburg District has presented the prestigious Ranger of the Year Award to Jamie Richmond, a ranger at Arkabutla Lake in North Mississippi. Richmond is a native of Dexter, Mo., and began her career with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Louis District, in 1997 as a recreational assistant at Wappapello Lake. She entered into the student cooperative education program in 1998 and earned her bachelor of science degree in wildlife biology from Southeast Missouri State in 2001. She became a Corps ranger at Arkabutla Lake in 2002. Richmond is the daughter of Jimmie and Marianna Burge of Dexter. She and her husband, Jeff, reside in Hernando.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62