Jamie Richmond receives Corps of Engineers honor
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 5,2013
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) Vicksburg District has presented the prestigious Ranger of the Year Award to Jamie Richmond, a ranger at Arkabutla Lake in North Mississippi. Richmond is a native of Dexter, Mo., and began her career with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Louis District, in 1997 as a recreational assistant at Wappapello Lake. She entered into the student cooperative education program in 1998 and earned her bachelor of science degree in wildlife biology from Southeast Missouri State in 2001. She became a Corps ranger at Arkabutla Lake in 2002. Richmond is the daughter of Jimmie and Marianna Burge of Dexter. She and her husband, Jeff, reside in Hernando.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow