It’s pageant week in Vicksburg
Down from 42 contestants last year, the pageant will end Saturday with one contestant being chosen to represent the state in the Miss America Pageant in Atlantic City in September.
This year the Miss Mississippi Pageant will feature music from the 1960′s through today.
The first of three nights of preliminary competitions is Wednesday at the Vicksburg Convention Center. Saturday’s crowning will be televised live by WLBT-TV in Jackson.
Contestants will be featured in a parade Monday night, autograph parties, a Miss Mississippi Ball Friday night and an awards ball after the crowning on Saturday. Miss Mississippi Marie Wicks, who won last year, will crown the 2013 winner.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal