It’s pageant week in Vicksburg
Down from 42 contestants last year, the pageant will end Saturday with one contestant being chosen to represent the state in the Miss America Pageant in Atlantic City in September.
This year the Miss Mississippi Pageant will feature music from the 1960′s through today.
The first of three nights of preliminary competitions is Wednesday at the Vicksburg Convention Center. Saturday’s crowning will be televised live by WLBT-TV in Jackson.
Contestants will be featured in a parade Monday night, autograph parties, a Miss Mississippi Ball Friday night and an awards ball after the crowning on Saturday. Miss Mississippi Marie Wicks, who won last year, will crown the 2013 winner.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well