County circuit clerk gets her job back — again
Published: July 9,2013
VICKSBURG — Warren County Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley-Palmertree was out of a job for about 35 minutes today.
But her job was saved a second time by Judge Isadore Patrick.
Patrick signed an order returning Ashley-Palmertree to her job from which the Warren County Board of Supervisors had removed her earlier in the day.
The judge’s action gives Ashley-Palmertree until next Monday to file a new surety bond.
The Vicksburg Post reports that a hearing before Patrick is set for next Tuesday.
Ashley-Palmertree’s bond expired June 13 after Chicago-based Western Surety Company asked to release itself in the wake of questions over her accounting procedures.
Lawsuits are pending in Hinds County Chancery Court over a demand from the county and state that Ashley-Palmertree repay $661,751.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal