County circuit clerk gets her job back — again
by Associated Press
Published: July 9,2013
VICKSBURG — Warren County Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley-Palmertree was out of a job for about 35 minutes today.
But her job was saved a second time by Judge Isadore Patrick.
Patrick signed an order returning Ashley-Palmertree to her job from which the Warren County Board of Supervisors had removed her earlier in the day.
The judge’s action gives Ashley-Palmertree until next Monday to file a new surety bond.
The Vicksburg Post reports that a hearing before Patrick is set for next Tuesday.
Ashley-Palmertree’s bond expired June 13 after Chicago-based Western Surety Company asked to release itself in the wake of questions over her accounting procedures.
Lawsuits are pending in Hinds County Chancery Court over a demand from the county and state that Ashley-Palmertree repay $661,751.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!