County circuit clerk gets her job back — again
Published: July 9,2013
VICKSBURG — Warren County Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley-Palmertree was out of a job for about 35 minutes today.
But her job was saved a second time by Judge Isadore Patrick.
Patrick signed an order returning Ashley-Palmertree to her job from which the Warren County Board of Supervisors had removed her earlier in the day.
The judge’s action gives Ashley-Palmertree until next Monday to file a new surety bond.
The Vicksburg Post reports that a hearing before Patrick is set for next Tuesday.
Ashley-Palmertree’s bond expired June 13 after Chicago-based Western Surety Company asked to release itself in the wake of questions over her accounting procedures.
Lawsuits are pending in Hinds County Chancery Court over a demand from the county and state that Ashley-Palmertree repay $661,751.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release