County circuit clerk gets her job back — again
Published: July 9,2013
VICKSBURG — Warren County Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley-Palmertree was out of a job for about 35 minutes today.
But her job was saved a second time by Judge Isadore Patrick.
Patrick signed an order returning Ashley-Palmertree to her job from which the Warren County Board of Supervisors had removed her earlier in the day.
The judge’s action gives Ashley-Palmertree until next Monday to file a new surety bond.
The Vicksburg Post reports that a hearing before Patrick is set for next Tuesday.
Ashley-Palmertree’s bond expired June 13 after Chicago-based Western Surety Company asked to release itself in the wake of questions over her accounting procedures.
Lawsuits are pending in Hinds County Chancery Court over a demand from the county and state that Ashley-Palmertree repay $661,751.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner