County circuit clerk gets her job back — again
Published: July 9,2013
VICKSBURG — Warren County Circuit Clerk Shelly Ashley-Palmertree was out of a job for about 35 minutes today.
But her job was saved a second time by Judge Isadore Patrick.
Patrick signed an order returning Ashley-Palmertree to her job from which the Warren County Board of Supervisors had removed her earlier in the day.
The judge’s action gives Ashley-Palmertree until next Monday to file a new surety bond.
The Vicksburg Post reports that a hearing before Patrick is set for next Tuesday.
Ashley-Palmertree’s bond expired June 13 after Chicago-based Western Surety Company asked to release itself in the wake of questions over her accounting procedures.
Lawsuits are pending in Hinds County Chancery Court over a demand from the county and state that Ashley-Palmertree repay $661,751.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program