Clinic to begin construction of Heart & Vascular Center
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2013
Tags: Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Vascular Specialists, Forrest General Hospital, HATTIESBURG, Hattiesburg Clinic, Hattiesburg Clinic Cardiology, Heart & Vascular Center, M.D., Tom Messer
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Clinic is to hold a groundbreaking ceremony for its new Heart & Vascular Center, an 80,000-square-foot facility located on Forrest General Hospital’s campus, south of the main entrance.
The event will be held tomorrow beginning at 7:30 a.m.
Upon completion, the Heart & Vascular Center will be home to Hattiesburg Clinic Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Vascular Specialists as well as Forrest General Hospital’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Center. The center will offer a full range of heart care services and will be accessible to Forrest General Hospital’s operating rooms and heart catheterization room through an enclosed walkway.
Completion of the building is scheduled for fall 2014.
Tom Messer, MD, a Hattiesburg Clinic cardiologist, said, “This center will be the first of its kind in our region and will allow our cardiovascular physicians to offer our patients the newest diagnostic technology and continued comprehensive care in keeping with Hattiesburg Clinic’s mission of providing quality care in an efficient and cost effective manner with an emphasis on excellence and service to our patients.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation