Clinic to begin construction of Heart & Vascular Center
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2013
Tags: Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Vascular Specialists, Forrest General Hospital, HATTIESBURG, Hattiesburg Clinic, Hattiesburg Clinic Cardiology, Heart & Vascular Center, M.D., Tom Messer
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Clinic is to hold a groundbreaking ceremony for its new Heart & Vascular Center, an 80,000-square-foot facility located on Forrest General Hospital’s campus, south of the main entrance.
The event will be held tomorrow beginning at 7:30 a.m.
Upon completion, the Heart & Vascular Center will be home to Hattiesburg Clinic Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Vascular Specialists as well as Forrest General Hospital’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Center. The center will offer a full range of heart care services and will be accessible to Forrest General Hospital’s operating rooms and heart catheterization room through an enclosed walkway.
Completion of the building is scheduled for fall 2014.
Tom Messer, MD, a Hattiesburg Clinic cardiologist, said, “This center will be the first of its kind in our region and will allow our cardiovascular physicians to offer our patients the newest diagnostic technology and continued comprehensive care in keeping with Hattiesburg Clinic’s mission of providing quality care in an efficient and cost effective manner with an emphasis on excellence and service to our patients.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program