City sees substantial increase in building permits
OLIVE BRANCH — Olive Branch could be on track to issue more single-family building permits this year than in six years.
The Commercial Appeal reports Olive Branch issued more single-family building permits through June — 80 of them — than during the same period last year. Last year, 54 had been issued.
If Olive Branch, which issued 140 single-family building permits in 2012, does as well during the second half of this year, the number would still not rival its record. The record was 693 permits in 2005.
B.J. Page, Olive Branch planning director, said the figures indicate the city’s permit applications will finish a little bit ahead for the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19