City sees substantial increase in building permits
OLIVE BRANCH — Olive Branch could be on track to issue more single-family building permits this year than in six years.
The Commercial Appeal reports Olive Branch issued more single-family building permits through June — 80 of them — than during the same period last year. Last year, 54 had been issued.
If Olive Branch, which issued 140 single-family building permits in 2012, does as well during the second half of this year, the number would still not rival its record. The record was 693 permits in 2005.
B.J. Page, Olive Branch planning director, said the figures indicate the city’s permit applications will finish a little bit ahead for the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers