City sees substantial increase in building permits
OLIVE BRANCH — Olive Branch could be on track to issue more single-family building permits this year than in six years.
The Commercial Appeal reports Olive Branch issued more single-family building permits through June — 80 of them — than during the same period last year. Last year, 54 had been issued.
If Olive Branch, which issued 140 single-family building permits in 2012, does as well during the second half of this year, the number would still not rival its record. The record was 693 permits in 2005.
B.J. Page, Olive Branch planning director, said the figures indicate the city’s permit applications will finish a little bit ahead for the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant