Mississippi Polymer Institute earns A2LA accreditation
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2013
HATTIESBURG — Over the course of the last year, the Mississippi Polymer Institute (MPI) worked to achieve accreditation through the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) by transforming their laboratories into ISO/IEC 17025 compliant spaces.
Laboratory accreditation is based on internationally accepted criteria for competence and has been awarded to MPI based on an independent, third-party audit of its quality system.
Robert Thompson, Operations Leader, and Sara Bayley, Testing Services and Quality Leader at MPI lead the development and implementation of a quality system meeting the necessary requirements of the standard.
This accreditation applies directly to those organizations that provide technical services, such as physical and analytical testing, which MPI specializes in.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015