Mississippi Polymer Institute earns A2LA accreditation
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2013
HATTIESBURG — Over the course of the last year, the Mississippi Polymer Institute (MPI) worked to achieve accreditation through the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) by transforming their laboratories into ISO/IEC 17025 compliant spaces.
Laboratory accreditation is based on internationally accepted criteria for competence and has been awarded to MPI based on an independent, third-party audit of its quality system.
Robert Thompson, Operations Leader, and Sara Bayley, Testing Services and Quality Leader at MPI lead the development and implementation of a quality system meeting the necessary requirements of the standard.
This accreditation applies directly to those organizations that provide technical services, such as physical and analytical testing, which MPI specializes in.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county