Mississippi Polymer Institute earns A2LA accreditation
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2013
HATTIESBURG — Over the course of the last year, the Mississippi Polymer Institute (MPI) worked to achieve accreditation through the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) by transforming their laboratories into ISO/IEC 17025 compliant spaces.
Laboratory accreditation is based on internationally accepted criteria for competence and has been awarded to MPI based on an independent, third-party audit of its quality system.
Robert Thompson, Operations Leader, and Sara Bayley, Testing Services and Quality Leader at MPI lead the development and implementation of a quality system meeting the necessary requirements of the standard.
This accreditation applies directly to those organizations that provide technical services, such as physical and analytical testing, which MPI specializes in.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money