Mississippi Polymer Institute earns A2LA accreditation
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2013
HATTIESBURG — Over the course of the last year, the Mississippi Polymer Institute (MPI) worked to achieve accreditation through the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) by transforming their laboratories into ISO/IEC 17025 compliant spaces.
Laboratory accreditation is based on internationally accepted criteria for competence and has been awarded to MPI based on an independent, third-party audit of its quality system.
Robert Thompson, Operations Leader, and Sara Bayley, Testing Services and Quality Leader at MPI lead the development and implementation of a quality system meeting the necessary requirements of the standard.
This accreditation applies directly to those organizations that provide technical services, such as physical and analytical testing, which MPI specializes in.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant