Movie written/directed by Mississippian to premiere
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2013
Tags: 42, Amye Williams Gousset, Army Wives, As I Lay Dying, Cameron Spann, Delta 180: Changing Lives in the Mississippi Delta, Dog Canyon Films, G.I. Joe 2, HEADRUSH, HYPERLINK, Johnson Thomasson, Jon W. Sparks, Kenny Cook, Leslie Palmer, LLC, Madison, Malco Grandview Cinema, Mississippi State University, Nothing but the Truth, Oxford, STARKVILLE, The Gulf Islands: Mississippi’s Wilderness Shore, The Help, Treme, Tupelo
MADISON — Dog Canyon Films, LLC, is preparing for the premiere of HEADRUSH, written and directed by Johnson Thomasson, a Starkville native and graduate of Mississippi State University.
Cast and crew members from across the state as well as friends and family of the production team,will gather for this red-carpet event Aug. 1 at 7 p.m. at the Malco Grandview Cinema in Madison.
The film is 45 minutes long, and the event will feature previews for other upcoming Mississippi film projects, as well as a question and answer session following the screening.
With an original screenplay written by Thomasson that draws on film noir and science-fiction classics such as Frankenstein, HEADRUSH stars Mississippians Cameron Spann (As I Lay Dying) as Kurt Schuler, Kenny Cook (As I Lay Dying, 42) as Dr. Abrams, Amye Williams Gousset (Army Wives, The Help) as Marianne, Jon W. Sparks (Nothing but the Truth) as Dr. Kelly and Leslie Palmer (Treme, G.I. Joe 2) as Sonny Merrit.
The creative production team on the film includes several Jackson area locals: award-winning director of photography David Matthews (Murderabilia), two-time Emmy award-winning co-producer Randy King, production designer Jerel Levanway, and co-producer Robbie Fisher (The Gulf Islands: Mississippi’s Wilderness Shore, Delta 180: Changing Lives in the Mississippi Delta).
This event is open to the public, and tickets are available in advance at HYPERLINK, www.HeadrushMovie.com, or at the door for $7 per person. The dress code is “smart casual.”
The premiere in Madison is the second of four premieres on the HEADRUSH Premiere Tour. Other screenings will take place in Tupelo July 25, Starkville Aug. 22, and Oxford Sept. 3.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist