Dave Allen sworn in as Waveland police chief
Dave Allen is the new Waveland police chief. City officials appointed him to replace Kenny Hurt, who retired.
The 41-year-old Allen is married with children and has been in law enforcement for 20 years. He began his law enforcement career in 1993 as a patrol deputy in Maricopa County, Ariz. He joined the Waveland Police Department in 1997 and worked his way up from a patrol officer to sergeant. He also worked in criminal investigation, cyber-crime and as head of the Internet technology office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams