Dave Allen sworn in as Waveland police chief
Dave Allen is the new Waveland police chief. City officials appointed him to replace Kenny Hurt, who retired.
The 41-year-old Allen is married with children and has been in law enforcement for 20 years. He began his law enforcement career in 1993 as a patrol deputy in Maricopa County, Ariz. He joined the Waveland Police Department in 1997 and worked his way up from a patrol officer to sergeant. He also worked in criminal investigation, cyber-crime and as head of the Internet technology office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials