Atmos cleared to buy two natural gas systems
Published: July 12,2013
BUDE and MEADVILLE — Atmos Energy Corp. will buy two southwest Mississippi natural gas systems.
The Mississippi Public Service Commission has approved Atmos’ purchase of gas systems from the towns of Meadville and Bude. The Bude system has 280 customers, while the Meadville system has 190.
Atmos has been leasing and operating the systems since February 1987, and company spokesman Robert Lesley says rates and service will not change. The company will pay $96,000 to Meadville and $145,000 to Bude, and expects to complete the purchases by August.
Atmos, based in Dallas, has about 255,000 customers in Mississippi and about 3.2 million nationwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state