Atmos cleared to buy two natural gas systems
Published: July 12,2013
BUDE and MEADVILLE — Atmos Energy Corp. will buy two southwest Mississippi natural gas systems.
The Mississippi Public Service Commission has approved Atmos’ purchase of gas systems from the towns of Meadville and Bude. The Bude system has 280 customers, while the Meadville system has 190.
Atmos has been leasing and operating the systems since February 1987, and company spokesman Robert Lesley says rates and service will not change. The company will pay $96,000 to Meadville and $145,000 to Bude, and expects to complete the purchases by August.
Atmos, based in Dallas, has about 255,000 customers in Mississippi and about 3.2 million nationwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Owner of former hospital given deadline
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record