Atmos cleared to buy two natural gas systems
Published: July 12,2013
BUDE and MEADVILLE — Atmos Energy Corp. will buy two southwest Mississippi natural gas systems.
The Mississippi Public Service Commission has approved Atmos’ purchase of gas systems from the towns of Meadville and Bude. The Bude system has 280 customers, while the Meadville system has 190.
Atmos has been leasing and operating the systems since February 1987, and company spokesman Robert Lesley says rates and service will not change. The company will pay $96,000 to Meadville and $145,000 to Bude, and expects to complete the purchases by August.
Atmos, based in Dallas, has about 255,000 customers in Mississippi and about 3.2 million nationwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62