Atmos cleared to buy two natural gas systems
Published: July 12,2013
BUDE and MEADVILLE — Atmos Energy Corp. will buy two southwest Mississippi natural gas systems.
The Mississippi Public Service Commission has approved Atmos’ purchase of gas systems from the towns of Meadville and Bude. The Bude system has 280 customers, while the Meadville system has 190.
Atmos has been leasing and operating the systems since February 1987, and company spokesman Robert Lesley says rates and service will not change. The company will pay $96,000 to Meadville and $145,000 to Bude, and expects to complete the purchases by August.
Atmos, based in Dallas, has about 255,000 customers in Mississippi and about 3.2 million nationwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices