Atmos cleared to buy two natural gas systems
by Associated Press
Published: July 12,2013
BUDE and MEADVILLE — Atmos Energy Corp. will buy two southwest Mississippi natural gas systems.
The Mississippi Public Service Commission has approved Atmos’ purchase of gas systems from the towns of Meadville and Bude. The Bude system has 280 customers, while the Meadville system has 190.
Atmos has been leasing and operating the systems since February 1987, and company spokesman Robert Lesley says rates and service will not change. The company will pay $96,000 to Meadville and $145,000 to Bude, and expects to complete the purchases by August.
Atmos, based in Dallas, has about 255,000 customers in Mississippi and about 3.2 million nationwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability